PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry

OldHubbardRd
11-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Can you still lock your keys in the car with keyless entry?? I think I tried to leave the key in the car then try locking the door with the finger on the handle and it would not lock.

TropicsX5
11-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Can you still lock your keys in the car with keyless entry?? I think I tried to leave the key in the car then try locking the door with the finger on the handle and it would not lock.

New Bmw's if you lock keys in car call BMW assist they can unlock car.

emcman
11-23-2007, 09:15 AM

It should not lock. I am not saying it never would but it is suppose to detect the fob as outside the car first. If you had both fobs or someone near you had one I would not be surprised if it did.

All that said I did have one time when it locked with my key inside as soon as the door closed as the X5 had reset itself to lock all doors when doors close. That is why the reprogram next Monday.

My rule is while it is not suppose to and 99 times out of 100 it will not there is always the 1 time it will.