PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X5 3.0 rear lights

zrdster
11-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I have a 2004 3.0 and Iíve been having some issues with the rear lights on it. It seems that they burn out more frequently than they should. Iíve replaced several brake lights as well as parking lights during the 3 years Iíve owned it. Most recently one of the license plate lights has failed. The really odd thing is that they bulb is not burned out. Iíve replaced it with a new one and even switched the left with the right and they both work on the left side but not the right. Anyone ever have this problem, and if so what was the remedy?

ThanksÖ

BMW_tech
11-25-2007, 07:02 PM
check the connector for that complete assembly (the entire piece),there may be corrosion.

zrdster
11-26-2007, 05:26 AM
check the connector for that complete assembly (the entire piece),there may be corrosion.

Thanks BMW_tech, I will do that. I am beginning to get more concerned now as last evening the check brake light and tail light indicator came on. The brake lights are working but I have two tail lights not working. Have not checked the bulbs yet. Thinking since I'm still under warranty this may require a trip to dealer...

Thanks again...

BMW_tech
11-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Thanks BMW_tech, I will do that. I am beginning to get more concerned now as last evening the check brake light and tail light indicator came on. The brake lights are working but I have two tail lights not working. Have not checked the bulbs yet. Thinking since I'm still under warranty this may require a trip to dealer...

Thanks again...

:thumbup: great idea! be prepared because there is a shortage on tail lamp assemblies.I hope your dealership has them in stock.

tomgtv
11-26-2007, 07:32 AM
I have had problems in front turn signals and back brake lights.
Look at the holder and the bulb itself. I reverse the front bulb
and also sand paper the contacts, beats the $15+ for the holder.

On the back lights I also found corrosion on the electrical path.
Clean it up and mine worked again.

German engineering ain't working in this dept!