BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ski bag compartment won't close

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DouglasABaker 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2003 M5 with fold down rear seat and ski bag. I cannot completely close the rear seat ski bag compartment. Can anyone provide directions as to how to fold the bag so that the plastic doors close? It's possible that part of the plastic door closing mechanism is missing or broken... Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Well... it is kinda tricky.

I take the bag itself, and starting with it fully extended I fold about 4-5 inches back (just less than the width of the space in which it needs to fit). Fold fold fold until you get it all the way folded. Stick it in there and then take the black metal flap and straighten it out (no clue why it is hinged) and use it to hold the bag in place. It should latch in and hold the bag. Reattach your velcro flap and put the armrest up.

If you are like the rest of us, the armrest doesn't stay up, especially with the windows open. Try feeding the center seatbelt through the strap on the armrest (it detaches at the seat bottom) and the clicking it into the buckle. Fully extend it till it ratchets back in and your armrest will stay up.

www.m5board.com has many more users and much more traffic for M5's, btw...

d-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.