PDA

View Full Version : Brain Jessel BMW…..Paint Damage Horror Show

Orb
11-29-2007, 10:14 PM
While my car was in the care of Brain Jessel BMW undergoing service work, the front and rear bumpers sustained damage. In the last 5 weeks, my car was in for service work four times and, on three of those occasions, it was damaged by this dealer with two incidents happening within days of each other.

Here is the story:

In September, my car was hit in the front and rear while it was parked within a week. No big deal. I had both bumpers replaced and picked up my car from the body shop. I only got 5 miles until the car died, so back to Brian Jessel BMW for a water leak repair which they never found and has not leaked since but they replaced my amplifier and reloaded the software. I picked up my car after two weeks and the front license plate is smashed in destroying the paint and punched hole in the front bumper. The service manger indicated he would take care of it. I got about two miles and noticed the active steering was not initialized properly so I took it in the next day to get it fixed. I picked up the car, and guess what; the rear bumper is scratched to hell. Again, the service manger said it would be taken car of.

The point here is I just bought new front and rear bumpers and had them in my possession for less than 24 hours so wanted a full replacement. When I asked for a full replacement I was insulted, called names and treated disrespectfully by the so called Operational Manager Charles Carvalho. He more or less called me an idiot and told me they were not paying for anything but a low grade repair like Mobile touch up even though the paint was delaminated. Finally, the Customer Relation Manager gets involved Jim Krahn and attempted to smooth the situation out. In short, Jim wasn’t willing to pay as well until I got the insurance company involved then this changed quickly. The whole experience was very unpleasant. Jim promised me a BMW loaner while my car was getting repaired….guess what it never happed but he did pay for the cabs I took. In the end, they did pay for everything but it was not easy and they certainly don’t give a crap about you or me. Don’t be fooled by customer satisfaction with these jokers when it comes right down to it they do not care!

Here is a quote from an email that Jim wrote. In the quote below Jim is apologizing for Charles behaviors. Guess what, I never did get that personal apology.

“Charles is the senior manager in charge of Parts and Service and was recently promoted from the Parts Manager position. Charles and I have spoken about his call before we received your letter today. I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of Brian Jessel BMW and Charles to sincerely apologize for Charles attitude towards this situation during that recent phone call. He has also expressed his desire to apologize to you himself personally and would be happy to call you and clear this up with you at your convenience”

It doesn’t stop yet, so let’s continue:

About 10 days ago I took my car in for more warranty work and installation of the aero lip. I had the car there for over week. After picking it up yesterday, I noticed the license plate frame was bent and when I removed the plate holder, guess what, the front bumper paint is cracked behind the license plate and this bumper is not even two weeks old and just had the aero lip installed as well.

There was no manger available at the time I picked up the car so I did some ranting and venting to the customer relation representative and she said Jim Krahn would be phoning me today and I also emailed him. Guess what, the day is over and no phone calls so I guess they don’t give a **** that they damaged a customer’s car 3 times in less than 5 weeks.

Think twice before taking your car to Brian Jessel.

Orb

triggs
11-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I've posted my experience on your other thread.

I've decided not to take my car for servicing at brian jessel bmw anymore, after I got all my filter changed.

animaspartan
12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey Orb,

That was really displeasing to hear, considering I just recently made a factory order over at Brian Jessel. I must say their sales team is good as I dealt with three salespeople and all were very courteous

So after this experience, are you still going to BJ for service or another place?

tbal69
12-02-2007, 11:21 AM
I have few things BJ started, that still need lil fixing, after that, i will never goto BJ again, service dept. licks ape ass.

528JD
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
wow!

Sounds like ya'll were dealling with a gm, ford, chrysler - pick one, dealer.

Did anyone ever ask to talk to the owner? The guy whose name is on the place?

Orb
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey Orb,

That was really displeasing to hear, considering I just recently made a factory order over at Brian Jessel. I must say their sales team is good as I dealt with three salespeople and all were very courteous

So after this experience, are you still going to BJ for service or another place?

I had a good sale experience just like you. In fact, it was over in 10 minutes.

I would have like to stay with them of course since I less than 5 minutes away but already gave them a chance. This is kind unforgivable what they done to me for 3rd time. The problem is with there management and Jim Krahn and Charles Carvalho and not the people who work under them.

I spent 85,000 this year and still this is treatment I got so I can’t see anyone else getting anything different if a problem like mine does come up.

Orb

Orb
12-02-2007, 04:05 PM
wow!

Yup, agreed.....I e-mailed Brain Jessel but of course no response.

Orb

528JD
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
It's probably "Jr." running the place for the "old-man"

With e-mail being the current 'norm' for communications, what about a good 'ole letter, with a cc: BMWNA..

The kind of treatment you got is just unbelievable.

Do you have another bmw dealer in the area? Not owned by bj?

BJ = :violent:

animaspartan
12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
orb,

you said parkshore over in north van is probably the best? that is too far for me, what did you think about burrard?? or autowest in richmond, if you have gone to them

anyone else may comment if they have experiences...

tbal69
12-03-2007, 12:37 AM
wow!

i've actually had better service in all aspects at my local chevy dealership.

triggs
12-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Have you talked to Michael Ho, who's director of sales? You have a brand new car and I'm sure he would be able to pull his strings to straight things up for your new car servicing issues. If he really can't do much about it, then it really doesn't matter how good their sales teams are, since they've promised you to provide their excellent servicing as well.

Wish you good luck! :)

Orb
12-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Have you talked to Michael Ho, who's director of sales? You have a brand new car and I'm sure he would be able to pull his strings to straight things up for your new car servicing issues. If he really can't do much about it, then it really doesn't matter how good their sales teams are, since they've promised you to provide their excellent servicing as well.

Wish you good luck! :)

Your kidding....right. They have yet to return or take my call about the 3rd instance of damage. The Sr managment really doesn' care and the promise of service really were never there anyways.

Orb

triggs
12-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Okay, so you've talked to the sales manager and etc. I saw a thread the other night and someone from Cali had simliar incident. I think the dealership freaked out once the insurance company got involved in. I will post the link here once I run into it again.

pankaj3536
12-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, I have just moved here and I had an service appointment with BJ for coming monday I guess I would set up an appointment with AutoWest. Thanks a lot

tbal69
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
good call

geegee
01-07-2008, 03:47 PM
i have found that the independents are a better bet.Two I would recommend,depending on what part of town you live in.Werners Auto Klinick 604-946-1711 or Nixon Automotive in Burnaby.I do not have their Ph. # handy.

triggs
01-10-2008, 04:11 PM
i have found that the independents are a better bet.Two I would recommend,depending on what part of town you live in.Werners Auto Klinick 604-946-1711 or Nixon Automotive in Burnaby.I do not have their Ph. # handy.

Thank you for the valuable information! :)

I saw a place called bimmerhaus on Broadway and Rupert-Boundary, about 1.5 block away from BJs. Is it just an independent bimmer dealer?

Bix
02-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I too had a BJ nightmare. A couple of years ago I bought a Certified Series 325iT from Jessel BMW. When I came to pick the car up, after it had supposedly been fully inspected and become "Certified" I found the following problems:
Warped brake rotors in front
Check Engine Light on
Four hours later my Certified wagon was finally ready to take away. I got about ten miles away from the dealership and the engine light came back on. Next a protective plate covering some brake lines just fell off whilst driving. Seems that all the bolts holding it on were loose.

Clearly the car had been inspected by a blind person standing about a mile away. The only good thing I can say about the entire experience is that I quickly returned to BJ and got all my money back and my trade in back as well.

I got 0 satisfaction from BMWNA who said that BJ did what they had promised to do which is offer the 300 km money back guarantee. I did get a reply from BJ himself, a nifty $500 gift certificate I could use if I bought another vehicle from them. I was underwhelmed given the time and trouble the exchange had caused me.

I would by or lease new from them as they seem to have the best prices in the lower mainland, but I do not think I'd let their service department touch my car.

I have tried the guy up the road and have had indifferent experience there. Nothing awful, nothing great. They have the worst and unsafe loaner car I've ever had the displeasure of driving.

For anyone on the Island I have had great service from Victoria BMW.

Bix

tbal69
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
$500 for another vehicle, what a joke. It should be $500 towards anything at bmw. BJ is full of morons. stay away.

LerouxBMW
02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi all,
I have been taking my 528 to BJ for some time now and I too had a few incidents..
1. I took it in for a dripping oil plug...when I got it home it leaked way more..so back it went
2. I had them do some work on the engine and when my wife picked up the car she drove no more than 500 yards and there was huge knocking noise from the transmission....back she went..the service tech forgot to hook up some senors
3. I took it in for old change and power steering check..they charged my .8 hrs for checking the power steering and said was nothing wrong and paid the bill but did not do the oil change so back it when and I had to wait for another hour or two

Never an apology !! So that is my story with BJ. I just got a 05 330 Ci at auto West and will now take both vehicles there, even if it takes longer to go to Richmond.