PDA

View Full Version : cosmetic problems

jessica
12-04-2007, 07:46 PM
My 2005 X5 has recently begun to "peel". The steering wheel (where I don't hold it) as well as some other areas. I thought that it was because I was leaving the pano roof cover open and the sun was damaging the paint. But...I took a look inside my console (that doesn't see the sun) and the paint inside is seriously bubbling! I'm afraid to touch it as it looks like the paint with come off in chunks! Could it be from heat alone?

Anyone seen this? Know what it's from? How to stop it? How to fix it?

Thanks

Big "J"
12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Nice X5... looks to be silver? Got one too, 03' 3.0i!!!

In Texas the heat would play a big roll in "drying" the leather and plastics surfaces. We generally keep a good coat of "armor all" with UV protectant on everything.

As far as the bubbling and peeling it may be too late to fix what has been damaged already, but you can apply the armor all and keep it from getting worse.

Good luck!

jessica
12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
That's the odd thing. I do ArmorAll pretty regularly. I was hoping that someone on the forum would know a way to fix it up. I guess I'll have to take it to the BMW bodyshop to have it remedied. (I'm sure spending an arm and a leg).

Yes! My baby is titanium silver with black leather and dark poplar, 3.0, sport package...Looking into upgrading to a 4.4 or 4.8 next year! Believe it or not, my husband is the one trying to keep it to the 3.0, He says I don't need to go any faster than I already do... I say "yes I do"!

Big "J"
12-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Cool.... I have the gray interior with dark wood.