PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Compatible Phones for 2005 X5

lrhone11
12-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but I am new here and I am interested in finding out what new phone will pair with my BMW which was manufactured prior to September 2005. I have searched and searched for phones but the phones that are found on advanced wireless's site are for x5 models with a build date of 9/05. Mine was built before. My Treo 650 from Sprint paired find with the car BT, but I broke the phone. I have gone through 3 phones trying to get them to pair with different carriers. This is getting really expensive for me. My dealership is of NO help. I have tried the Blackjack, MotoQ, and a new RAZR. I have also searched the X5 world forum however their info doesn't go as far back as a build date prior to 9/05.

thanks for your help or worldy wisdom in advance.....just tell me if I am sol.

Lauren

Tcnl309
12-07-2007, 11:31 AM
My X5 was built in Jan 05. I have paired my x5 with Razr, MotoQ and another Motorola phone. Are you sure you are pairing your phone with your car right? It was difficult for me to pair, but once I figured it out it worked like a charm. Try this website for a list of phones:

http://www.wireless4bmw.com/phones2.html

Good luck!

lrhone11
12-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Verizon has an internal matrix on their intranet that shows which verizon bluetooth phones are compatible with various makes and models of BMW's. I purchased a MotoQ and the phone paired with my BMW! They also gave me a 100.00 credit on my bill for switching from ATT to them (to help absorb the ATT hit I am taking).

Lauren

Bruin72
12-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I have the same sort of question for a 2008 X5. Aplogies for kind of hijacking the thread. As pointed out, BMW has a list of compatible bluetooth phones for Verizon Wireless and the other service providers. For Verizon, all of the phones are from Motorola, with the exception of two Blackberries, 7130e and 8703e. I don't have a high opinion about the quaility of the Motorola phones. Has anyone had good luck pairing and integrating with iDrive other phones than these?