PDA

View Full Version : Things to look for....

facedon
12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey everyone..

My gf is considering purchasing a 2004 X5, probably the 3.0 engine. What are the things we should be looking for? I could read consumer reports and all that, but thought current/past owners on bimmerfest would know best.

Thanks,

BMW_tech
12-08-2007, 09:54 PM
warranty,warranty,and warranty.
oh,the front C.V. boots too.

facedon
12-09-2007, 07:51 PM
warranty,warranty,and warranty.
oh,the front C.V. boots too.

Well well, you have provided me with absolutely no information.

BMW_tech
12-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Well well, you have provided me with absolutely no information.

My apologies for being useless.I could have posted threads that I could find using the search feature or looked for info in the X5 section of this forum and copy/paste every link.
(here is one : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4646109) I could provide information for a specific question or situation.Generalizing problems with the X5 that shares the same motor with e-46/e-39/e-83/e-60 and they share common failures that could take days to discuss.Drive the car you want and get the feel for it.If it feels right in everyway including price,then it has to be the right vehicle for you regardless of what anyone says.If you want I can check the vehicle history of the car and the options it has.I should be able to tell from the history wether it is a problem car and was a *****back.

facedon
12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
My apologies for being useless.I could have posted threads that I could find using the search feature or looked for info in the X5 section of this forum and copy/paste every link.
(here is one : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4646109) I could provide information for a specific question or situation.Generalizing problems with the X5 that shares the same motor with e-46/e-39/e-83/e-60 and they share common failures that could take days to discuss.Drive the car you want and get the feel for it.If it feels right in everyway including price,then it has to be the right vehicle for you regardless of what anyone says.If you want I can check the vehicle history of the car and the options it has.I should be able to tell from the history wether it is a problem car and was a *****back.

I do own a BMW and only sought to get first hand insight. Thanks for sharing yours.