PDA

View Full Version : Invoice Increase 1/1/02

Dr. Phil
12-19-2001, 12:41 PM
Talked with my rep and he said he had not heard anything about this increase in their invoice cost. Saw on another board ;) that the word came out today to dealers. I hope he doesn't try to p^^^ it on.

But since deal was based on invoice + I may be in trouble. Especially since I asked to add some accessories (xi rubber mats, cargo liner) and he hasn't got me a new COD amount. Told me he'll get it to me in a day or so. Am I SOL? :mad:

JST
12-19-2001, 12:52 PM
What about passport? Or compass? This is actually worse than bimmer.org; at least their s/w doesn't censor portions of words.

As for your question, if you agreed to a deal in terms X over invoice, there may be an argument (from a legal standpoint) that "invoice" means invoice on the date of payment, rather than invoice on the date of order. On the other hand, if you agreed to an actual number based on the invoice (such as "I will pay $1500 over invoice, which is $31685") you should be in good shape.

From an ethical and customer relations point of view, I'd say that the dealer should eat the difference; you don't care what the invoice is on the date of payment, you care what it is on the date of order. I think that your dealer's response to this issue will go a long way toward telling you whether you should be very loyal in the future, or whether you should be looking for another store.

Mr. E
12-19-2001, 12:52 PM
Unless you had your final sales price documented in writing, they'll probably want you to pay the extra money. I suspect what happens is the dealer is invoiced by BMW for your car at the time of delivery, and that would be at the new invoice price. If that's the case, it really does make sense that you would owe the extra $$. :mad:

Dr. Phil
12-19-2001, 12:59 PM
We did the math from invoice (as of Nov 3) but on the write up no mention of the invoice + 1500 was stated just $ amount, trade, tax, etc.

My thought is that he should hold those numbers and simply bottom line the cost of accessories. You are right, although it is only $300 - $400 difference, this will set the tone of my loyalty to the dealership.

Mr. E
12-19-2001, 02:20 PM
Since you put down money and had a contract in writing for a particular price, I wouldn't sweat it. They should definitely sell you the car at the promised price or you have a good case for breach of contract. If they force the issue you could probably pony up the extra money just to get your car, then turn around and take them to small claims court for the $300 - $400. If they bring up the invoice price increase, I'd mention small claims court only as a last resort. I doubt the dealer will even mention it in the first place.

My deal was for MSRP - $X and they wrote it up that way, probably to cover themselves just in case of this situation. My dealer kind of nickle-and-dimed me in other ways too, but that's another story. :mad:

Good luck PM.

Stuka
02-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Apples to Oranges. Lets compare a tempo to a F16 next time.

I've watched Planet Earth on a 1080p TV, and on a 720p TV. Both were a panasonic comming of the same Blu-Ray Player.

Couldn't tell a huge difference. There were some slight differences in colour shading, but not enough for anyone to stand there and jump up and down about how 6 month old Televisions just "can't keep up"

Apple to Orange huh?

(1920x1080) - (1280x720) equals to what?

Over 1.15 million of missing pixels, and YOU can't tell a difference?:confused::rofl:

Okay, nothing is wrong with your eyes or your TV, I am sure.:rofl:

FWIW I own Planet Earth and <3 it

What TV do you have? If you insist on telling people that missing more than a mil in pixels makes no difference, then tell us what TV you have.

kyfdx
02-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Apple to Orange huh?

(1920x1080) - (1280x720) equals to what?

Over 1.15 million of missing pixels, and YOU can't tell a difference?:confused::rofl:

Okay, nothing is wrong with your eyes or your TV, I am sure.:rofl:

What TV do you have? If you insist on telling people that missing more than a mil in pixels makes no difference, then tell us what TV you have.

Hey, Rumplestiltskin... This thread is six years old.. and you are quoting some other thread?

Stuka
02-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey, Rumplestiltskin... This thread is six years old.. and you are quoting some other thread?

Yeah, some errors in posting, but I can't delete posts, so....