PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side Mirror

jmweb7
12-15-2007, 06:02 PM
I am looking to replace the glass on my driver side external mirror. There is some brown spots on the bottom. I am having a hard time finding heated mirrors.

I am also told the BMW mirror moves depending on the traffic behind you. I have no idea what this is called.

Where is a good spot to find BMW mirrors online? I looked at a couple spots and they got nothing...ebay has a few things but I am not sure if its the right mirror since its only $15...

Also, I am looking for a replacement rear view internal mirror. Something a bit more fancier...

BMW_tech
12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I am looking to replace the glass on my driver side external mirror. There is some brown spots on the bottom. I am having a hard time finding heated mirrors.

I am also told the BMW mirror moves depending on the traffic behind you. I have no idea what this is called.

Where is a good spot to find BMW mirrors online? I looked at a couple spots and they got nothing...ebay has a few things but I am not sure if its the right mirror since its only $15...

Also, I am looking for a replacement rear view internal mirror. Something a bit more fancier...

There is no such thing or feature that moves the mirror depending on traffice behind you.The things you need to consider on purchasing the mirroe are : heated? auto dimming? it is best to stop by a dealer with your VIN and get a quote to be certain OR go to www.realoem.com and enter your VIN so the options will be VIN specific.

15 bucks for a mirror glass sounds too cheap for a heated mirror.it will probably crack the first time you use it on a cold morning.

jmweb7
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
My mirrors are heated. Not sure about autodimming but i'd like to get it if its available.

No BMW dealer local.

Zulu95
12-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Auto-dimmimg is nice but not worth the effort to retro. Better just getting a replacement mirror glass for $60-$80 and fitting it.

jmweb7
12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Where do you order your glass from?

Zulu95
12-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Local dealer replaced my glass as part of things they missed when they did their pre-delivery. They were refusing to put a complete head on and I told them to only do the glass. they "didn't know you could order only glass"! Yea, right.
The price was marked on the order when I picked it up. (3 years ago.)

jmweb7
12-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Im told by local glass people that you need a special type of glass for the heated mirrors. Problem is, none of them can get the glass!

BMW_tech
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Try these guys,maybe they will ship it to you.

http://www.bmrparts.com/index.htm

be weary of the cheap kinds.you are suppose to glue or adhere it over the old one.

jmweb7
12-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Trying them....know of any other? What exactly is the part I need?

jmweb7
12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
bump.

Zulu95
12-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I'll dig around my old receipts and see if I can find the part # for you.

Zulu95
12-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Try this part # 51168408797