PDA

View Full Version : x5 electrical problems

malochico
12-16-2007, 10:10 PM
My 2000 x5 4.4 is going crazy :mad: and so do I, after those two weeks of cold if this is the problem but my entire electrical system is going crazy. Two weeks ago when i started it the slightly air bag light came on and I realized the steering controls are not working, I turn it off and on again and everything came up good but next day the same thing and now even worst, if my wife open her mirror the cd turn off and never came on again, if I tried to push the air bag on steering wheel the inside light is turning on. Yesterday the rear brake light came on and they are on when the car is running. I don***8217;t know where to look to find the problem, they are so manyyyy :bawling:

I didn't post this before reading some of the others problems and some said to change the batery but cold be so many probl because of this???
I forgot about the heated seats, first time was going off after 5-6 sec but now it's not working
can somebody help?

Zulu95
12-17-2007, 07:09 AM
I have read that many electrical problems at once can be caused by a faulty main loom on early models. You might need to go to a dealer to confirm this or a well versed indy.

malochico
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Now I got a message in the cluster display "trans. fulsafe prog." and i think arerelated with all this electrical probl, bt I'm not sure is "fulsafe" it's f..safe I'm missing some pixels onmy display, I hope this mean something for you...

BMW_tech
12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
It could be your battery slowly dying. Replace the battery and make sure you tighten the terminals.Start there and we may have to work our way to the ignition switch after the battery replacement.

malochico
12-18-2007, 08:18 PM
thanks for your fast answer I will do that and will see what's going on after:)

BMW_tech
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
thanks for your fast answer I will do that and will see what's going on after:)

How long have you had the battery in the vehicle?

chris1
12-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Trust the BMW tech's suggestions. I have and he saved me thousands of $$$$$$$$$$.
I am having the similar problems, but mine was more define to trouble shoot. My battery went first and 4 days latter my alternator went. When this happins I noticed my electriacl system going crazy also. Just relax and trouble shoot one at a time. It does sound like your battery. Even so that is alot cheapier than replacing your alternator. I strongly agree with The BMW tec's suggestion. Check the voltage on your terminals with a multi meter when the truck is running they should be around 13.5vdc:thumbup: or higher.

srdiamond
04-15-2010, 10:25 PM
I am having the exact same problems with my 2000 4.4i X5. Did anyone figure out what the issue was? I have replaced the alternator and battery in the last 6 months.