PDA

View Full Version : Those without the Third Row Seats on 07-08 X5s

TexasBMW
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Is there any storage space below the deck where the third row would have gone?

Is there a "toy" tire, even on the 20" sport package equipped tires?

Thanks!

zen68
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Is there any storage space below the deck where the third row would have gone?
Yes

Is there a "toy" tire, even on the 20" sport package equipped tires?
Yes
Thanks!

You can gain some storage area by removing the spare.

SailinSand
12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't have the 3rd row. It's not exactly "storage" space for us to use... there's a tire and some tools in there if I remember correctly. ...like Zen said, I think if you removed the spare you'd have some space. It has RFT's so why do we have the spare????

TexasBMW
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks. So, its just there to house the tire, you dont stow anything in there.

And, do the rear seats lie flat like the version with the Third Row?

You have a spare in case you need to go more miles than a RFT will allow you. You never know when you might need a replacement tire out there!

I don't have the 3rd row. It's not exactly "storage" space for us to use... there's a tire and some tools in there if I remember correctly. ...like Zen said, I think if you removed the spare you'd have some space. It has RFT's so why do we have the spare????

SailinSand
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't remember if my back seats go totally flat. I only put them down to throw my bike in the back, so if it's pitched it dosn't really matter. (prbably why I'm not sure if it's flat- haven't noticed)

Yes, just a tire and some other things for it. (tools and a tow thingey) ...no actual storage that I can put to use! (that would have been a GREAT idea)

HolE39
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
The third row seats fold flat. If you order premium package, you get a flip up storage cover. Beneath the cover are deep storage trays which allow for a good amount of covered goods.

denaliman
12-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Here in Canada we don't get the spare tire. If you order the Premium package the area under the floor where the spare would be is finished and carpeted with a lock. I love this for storage you can fit a lot of stuff in there you would be surprised. While on business trips I put my laptop, overnight bag, puncture kit and my work safety kits in there out of view.

TexasBMW
12-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Well, I decided to avoid the thrd row for this go-round. Thanks for your help deciding!

Boomer69
12-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks. So, its just there to house the tire, you dont stow anything in there.

And, do the rear seats lie flat like the version with the Third Row?

You have a spare in case you need to go more miles than a RFT will allow you. You never know when you might need a replacement tire out there!

Absolutely - my experience with the lack of availability of runflats has me concerned on trips. See my thread - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250148

If you never go far and/or know where someone keeps another RFT for you great. But I would like to have something, even a donut tire, standing by.