PDA

View Full Version : Nokia phone kit

havoc_6266
04-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Hi all new to the forum. Have been checking it out for a while but finally starting to post.
Question, anyone know if there is a kit to allow usage of a Nokia cell in a 530i for handfree? I was told that there might be one in Europe but I can't find anything on it. I'm not looking for a Nokia car kit but a kit that will wire into the existing BMW wiring.
Any help would be great.

Patrick
04-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Not sure if it is available in NA, but there is a BT retrofit for the Nokia 6310i (I have the phone, but not the kit).

Do a search here with "Bluetooth" as your search word. There was a thread - and a lengthy one at that - about this a while back.

havoc_6266
04-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Tks Patrick! I'll do a search. By the way, what part of Finland are you in? (I travel over there about 4 times a year.)

Patrick
04-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by havoc_6266
Tks Patrick! I'll do a search. By the way, what part of Finland are you in? (I travel over there about 4 times a year.)

Havoc: I live in Turku.

I can't imagine why anyone would ever travel to Finland! My apologies; we do everything to try to make this place as unattractive to foreigners as possible, i.e., terrible winter weather, Finnish language is impossible for anyone to understand, we drink a lot and everything here is massively expensive.

The reason for all this is that Finland is really a wonderful place and we are afraid that if too many people from "somewhere else" find out about this, they will all want to move here. And then it would be less wonderful for the rest of us.

:neener: :bigpimp:

j/k

Actually, that is part of the reason why I ended up getting stuck here (the wonderfulness) - that, and one beautiful blonde Finnish girl ... :D

What have you been doing here?

havoc_6266
04-06-2003, 08:26 AM
I work for Nokia. The Finnish culture is very ingrained in the company. Most of the time I travel to Helsinki, Espoo, Salo, Tampere, .... I have rented cars there and traveled to Porvo and other places. I think that once you get over the weather it is a beautiful place. I love traveling over there during the summer, highs in 70s, sunny, WOW. I just can't get my wife to go with me. She can't get past the winter weather.