PDA

View Full Version : 2004 330ci step transmission question

NP2004
12-19-2007, 09:48 AM
What is the maximum amount of horsepower and torque I can expect to gain from supercharging or a turbo for my 2004 330ci with step transmission? Also what is the quickest 0-60 and 1/4 mile time I could expect as the results from supercharging or a turbo on my car? I never have seen many step transmissions being forced induced so just curious.

JC5
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
About 40 % more

smolck
12-27-2007, 10:22 AM
What is the maximum amount of horsepower and torque I can expect to gain from supercharging or a turbo for my 2004 330ci with step transmission? Also what is the quickest 0-60 and 1/4 mile time I could expect as the results from supercharging or a turbo on my car? I never have seen many step transmissions being forced induced so just curious.

I'd be more worried about failure than times. A BMW automatic has never proven to be super strong. You may want to think about that before you go nuts turning up the boost. I would say if you go beyond a 50HP gain (and even then, no guarantees) you will be buying a new tranny soon after.....Sorry, just the nature of the beast.

Now, momma said not to point out a problem without giving a solution, so here is what I suggest if you just can't help yourself and HAVE to have a blower. Buy a heavy duty radiator, and a heavy duty automatic trans cooler. Heat is the #1 killer of automatic tranny's, more HP = more heat. So be pro-active and take care of it before it becomes a problem. You might opt for a high flow water pump too, since it all kind of works together.....:thumbup: