PDA

View Full Version : 01 4.4 questions

alohacr500
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
well aloha all to start with. just picked up a 01 x5 4.4 from a buddy at a stupid deal. it does have 106,000 on it but no major problems. few questions for you guys the dash pixels are messed up a little, window problem of course and a rattling sound from the cat or bell housing when at idle in gear. how do ya change the fog lamp bulb, and a self leveling ride code or something like that. oh yeah it just had a major service but is there a timing belt on this thing? is there any major work that needs to be done at this kinda mileage? thanks guys and aloha

klnteg
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Congratrs on the purchase! The only thing I can say without being long winded is be prepared to have a lot of patience! I have worked on cars for about 15 years and i can say my 00 4.4 has tested my patience emmensely! But I still love it! If your handy with mechanics then it will pay off! If not.... Find a good mechanic! Good luck!:)

alohacr500
12-19-2007, 06:51 PM
oh i have tons of patients. im a helicopter mechanic. i really didnt want the rig but the deal was too sweet. it is fully loaded with woodgrain and crazy completely useless stuff. lol im gonna take it in the shop friday to have them fix the two windows. the drivers window it sounds like the motor is loose and sometimes gets stuck. and the rear window i have no idea. i am very picky about my ride and it must be perfect. any common probles that i should look out for? where is the fuse box? cant find it to save my life. lol found the one in the rear. the power outlets dont work in the front but they work in the trunk. dont need it but want them to work anyway. along with the few problems metioned above

TexasBMW
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Congrats on the purchase! I am in the process of selling my '01. '08 is ordered. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

well aloha all to start with. just picked up a 01 x5 4.4 from a buddy at a stupid deal. it does have 106,000 on it but no major problems. few questions for you guys the dash pixels are messed up a little, window problem of course and a rattling sound from the cat or bell housing when at idle in gear. how do ya change the fog lamp bulb, and a self leveling ride code or something like that. oh yeah it just had a major service but is there a timing belt on this thing? is there any major work that needs to be done at this kinda mileage? thanks guys and aloha

alohacr500
12-21-2007, 10:20 PM
well like I said I got it from a friend but I paid 13. I great condition but has a few small problems. but I love the ride and couldn't pass up the deal. wood and all. I don't know what half the damm buttons do. lol does anyone have a manual I can download? ill post pics if anyone gives a flip. lol

klnteg
12-21-2007, 11:30 PM
For a manual check out X5 World.com There is a manual on the home page. Fuse box is in the glove box, the black cover with two tangs you pull down the door/cover.

ealzar
01-15-2008, 12:08 PM
go to BMWUSA.com and and signup for the Owner's circle membership (all BMW owners are welcome) and you should have access to the manual in pdf format.:thumbup:

well like I said I got it from a friend but I paid 13. I great condition but has a few small problems. but I love the ride and couldn't pass up the deal. wood and all. I don't know what half the damm buttons do. lol does anyone have a manual I can download? ill post pics if anyone gives a flip. lol