PDA

View Full Version : L.A. San Fernando Valley, Burbank, Glendale Caravan.

gabo2k
12-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Anyone want to arrange a Southern Cali caravan.

I am in Northridge. I believe last year there was one that left from Balboa Park.

All interested, post here and we will get it rocking:thumbup:

gabo2k
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, 15 days, 72 views later and no replies:thumbdwn:

Is anyone from the Valley heading up to this event?

blackstealth007
01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I am from the Valley, however I am currently attending school in Azusa, CA near pasadena. I might be planning on heading back to the valley (visalia area) the day before or day of and maybe we could caravan?

pe2one
01-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Iam from north hollywood,i believe we are living friday night after work ,it all depends on the hotel reservation

BruinGM
01-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm in Eagle Rock (between Glendale and Pasadena). I'd be interested. However, my gal and I might be taking off on Thursday to visit the wineries up in Santa Ynez. But if that doesn't pan out, then I'd be interested in the caravan depending on the day and time.

POof540i
01-23-2008, 08:08 PM
When and at what time would the caravan begin?

LeftCoastBias
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Socal caravan will be organized for bfest by tehdriven.com again this year.

everything will be set up in due time. for more info, check out last year's caravan pages:

http://www.tehdriven.com/index.php?page=bfest07

Sev03
02-21-2008, 01:30 PM
i live around Glendale in La Crescenta.. i wouldnt mind a caravan around from where i live.. if theres any details post them here ill check back :)

Ed103
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
My friends and I are in.

I'll be in mine, and my friend will be taking his E46. Possibly a third friend will be in another E46, not sure about him. Anyway, we're planning on going up with the caravan (if it happens) Saturday morning.

Balboa park sounds like a good meeting place. Keep the tradition going, right? What time should we meet up? And it'd be cool for smaller caravans from the OC to meet us there, yeah? Or pick up smaller numbers along the way. Something like that, right?

Anyway, let's keep this thread going.

freakgeek
02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm in Winnetka, I'll join a Saturday Caravan from Balboa Park.

Sev03
02-28-2008, 11:57 AM
balboa park doesnt sound bad.. what time will everyone be there?

BavarianMW
03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
So if TehDriven.com is responsible for the caravan, then why even bother. I made this thread on my primary forum, E90post, and hopefully we wont need to figure out all this stuff if TehDriven.com will.

Link to my thread, give me suggestions and other meeting points! Thanks
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111025

Ed103
03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
So if TehDriven.com is responsible for the caravan, then why even bother. I made this thread on my primary forum, E90post, and hopefully we wont need to figure out all this stuff if TehDriven.com will.

Link to my thread, give me suggestions and other meeting points! Thanks
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111025

It looks like the guys on your forum have already put some thought into the caravan meeting points and such. From what I've read on bimmerfest, tehdriven did last year's, but there's been little to no news from them.

I doubt we'll need too much prep time though. We all meet up, then drive. Not much else, I'd assume (but I could be wrong, and if it is a lot of work, no disrespect to organizers).

From what I've heard, Balboa Park got a bit hectic last year, but someone on your forum mentioned a mall near the freeway. That sounds like a good idea, as a mall parking lot in the early morning is pretty much empty and it's probably closer to the freeway.

Please keep us posted on your plans.

HARLEYM3
03-12-2008, 09:00 PM
yup the comment about balboa park being a bit hectic is 100% correct, but my buddy who was one of the LA leaders last year is not going to be taking part in it again this year, so if any LA is going to step up as the leader give me your contact info so i then car turn around and give is to TEHDRIVEN member leftcoastbias, so if anyone is interested PM me

Ed103
03-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Here's a repost from another caravan thread. Gotta make sure to get everyone!

How does the caravan and large meet points get together? It sounds like one of two things:

Entire caravan pulls off the freeway and meets up with next group, then enlarged caravan gets back onto freeway. < This way sounds like it would be much more time consuming and probably somewhat hectic for everyone.

Or

The caravan has front and back end drivers in contact with other leaders. At a predetermined point they'll contact the waiting group, in this instance, the L.A. group, will load up and get on the freeway. Hopefully and in theory, this will mean the caravan continues, but has even more Bimmers join in, becoming somewhat of a living entity. < This concept sounds like it would be mighty cool and look very impressive, if done properly. Though this would be very crazy for the leaders and/or end drivers. (though I think definitely possible)

Is that right?

Also some things I noticed, and want to make clear. The San Diego caravan meets up with OC, and comes up the 405, at which point, I'm thinking it will merge onto the 101, pick up the LA drivers then continue on the 101 to Santa Barbara or other stops. Correct?

If that's right, I definitely want to check out that portion of the 101 North of the 405 and look for a good meet point for the caravan that has both a large lot where police, businesses and homeowners will not be troubled/troublesome and also has a close, quick, easy onramp to the 101.

Once the meet site is settled on, I think we can then figure out timing. Especially if we want the LA group to merge with the caravan en route.

Let me know what I'm missing or forgot.

04SSHD
03-13-2008, 11:58 PM
I will be leaving from West San Fernando Valley/Simi Valley area. I will try to meet up with you guys on the 101

finkle
03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Also some things I noticed, and want to make clear. The San Diego caravan meets up with OC, and comes up the 405, at which point, I'm thinking it will merge onto the 101, pick up the LA drivers then continue on the 101 to Santa Barbara or other stops. Correct?

If that's right, I definitely want to check out that portion of the 101 North of the 405 and look for a good meet point for the caravan that has both a large lot where police, businesses and homeowners will not be troubled/troublesome and also has a close, quick, easy onramp to the 101.

Once the meet site is settled on, I think we can then figure out timing. Especially if we want the LA group to merge with the caravan en route.

Let me know what I'm missing or forgot.

You're exactly right about the SD/OC caravan's route. Last year we all gathered off 101 at the Balboa exit. There is a large parking lot next to a park when you take a right off of the off ramp onto Balboa. It was total chaos in the lot, and everyone ended up getting onto the freeway in separate chunks, and not meeting up with the SD/OC group in sync on the freeway. There definitely needs to be better leadership and coordination this year. I think the biggest group I saw together on the road was about 20 cars...pitiful for the amount of cars we brought up from so-cal.

Dave 330i
03-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I have not read the posts, but my suggestion is to get someone to provide information via cell phone when the caravan leaves Balboa Park, and where they are along the way. You can join them when they come by you, or you start ahead of them on 101. We had several members who got together in Thousand Oaks, Lynn Road exit. We met at Circuit City, but we decided to head up to SB before the caravan arrived so that we didn't get stuck in traffic trying to get into the parking lot. Unless you have to be in the caravan, arriving early makes a big difference. You get a prime space to park.

Ed103
03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Repost from other thread:

I'm reading all the caravan threads, and listening to everyone's ideas, so don't worry. Yet...

Hahaha...

I'm going out tomorrow morning to troll around for the best site possible. I'm also going to start figuring out the timing of the freeway onramps and mergings in the area.

Not to worry people, things will start becoming concrete soon.

One question though: How many cars should we expect? I know we don't know yet, but how many cars were there last year?

I'm asking for a rough estimate of the SD/OC caravan, and also how many showed up in the LA group. Let me know. And please be realistic with the numbers.

WarpDriveKid
03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Looking to roll from the 91 and 15 frwy area early Saturday morning......maybe I'll meet up with you guys on the way. Hopefully this will all be a smooth roll up and back (no tickets). For those that went last year is parking going to truly be a serious problem?

Clemente

finkle
03-21-2008, 08:38 AM
is parking going to truly be a serious problem?

It wasn't last year if you *cough*went 90mph*cough* I mean got there early like most of us. That may or may not include a bonus speeding ticket ;) However, I thought I read somewhere that the fest was expanding to cover the entire fairground..which may mean more parking. They tried to segregate/park people by body style as they came in but it only worked for so long. I asked them where the super-duper-awesome-fantastic-happy-fun-time parking was and they put me in the far corner. ...can't say I blame them :bigpimp:

Get there early.
-JF

Ed103
03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
I asked them where the super-duper-awesome-fantastic-happy-fun-time parking was and they put me in the far corner. ...can't say I blame them

Hahahahahahaha...Good one, I like that.

Ed103
03-21-2008, 06:37 PM
The information for the Los Angeles (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3109475&posted=1#post3109475) caravan is up.

sharkye46
04-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I am in city of alhambra/near LA. PM me maybe we should all caravan and pick up others along the way.

Ed103
04-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I am in city of alhambra/near LA. PM me maybe we should all caravan and pick up others along the way.

I live in Alhambra too, but I'll probably be heading to the meet point early. I have a couple friends who live here too, and they'll be heading up. You might be able to drive to the meet point with them. Let me know where you're at and what time you plan on leaving the area; I'll see if it's possible.

sharkye46
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Sure, i also have a bunch of friends up in Thousand Oaks area. Yeah maybe we can meet up here and head up to Balboa Park and meet up w/the rest. I am valley and garfield. Let me know.

finkle
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Wrecked my car today :bawling: :tsk: :mad:

Still driveable, but I dunno if I can bring myself to take my crippled pride and joy up there with you guys. Still waiting to hear back about the $damage. Plus, I doubt you guys want my black cloud following all of you up there :rolleyes:

RaDs330
04-07-2008, 09:50 AM

Still driveable, but I dunno if I can bring myself to take my crippled pride and joy up there with you guys. Still waiting to hear back about the $damage. Plus, I doubt you guys want my black cloud following all of you up there :rolleyes:

got any pics of your ride

Sev03
04-07-2008, 11:39 AM

ouchh.. what happened?

finkle
04-07-2008, 11:52 AM
got any pics of your ride

It's at the body shop, but here's a before..
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/483635732_83e159c8a7.jpg?v=0

I rolled a stop sign covered over with a tree branch and got T-boned by a Honda CRV. Slow speed (<10mph), so not too bad, but I must've got off the ground a little cause my rollover protection devices sprung into action and ruined my convertible top to add to the damage. My fault I guess :dunno:
Anyone know a good convertible top guy in North Hollywood?

Jayccel
04-07-2008, 01:47 PM
It's at the body shop, but here's a before..
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/483635732_83e159c8a7.jpg?v=0

I rolled a stop sign covered over with a tree branch and got T-boned by a Honda CRV. Slow speed (<10mph), so not too bad, but I must've got off the ground a little cause my rollover protection devices sprung into action and ruined my convertible top to add to the damage. My fault I guess :dunno:
Anyone know a good convertible top guy in North Hollywood?

That sux, mane. Glad you weren't injured, tho.

finkle
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Thx. I'm starting to see it that way!

Estimate update: $1,457
Hooray for insurance :thumbup:

Euro Styln
04-07-2008, 04:14 PM
i cant wait, we all need to gather up and go all togheter, man its the greatest feeling driving with alot of BMW's besides you can cruising, last year was just weak man just weak, there were barelly any bmw's on the freeway, even right after everyone leaving the balboa park. we need to change that. This needs to be coardinated correctly.

Ed103
04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Thx. I'm starting to see it that way!

Estimate update: $1,457
Hooray for insurance :thumbup:

Wow, that doesn't sound too pricey...Maybe it's mostly cosmetic, so it looks worse than it really is? But that's a great car, so it'll be great to have it on the road again!

And if it'll make the drive up there, I'd say you should go. We'd be happy to have you. The only thing that I think would be a deterrent would be the "Oooooooohhhs..." and the winces from people. But we feel for you, we've all been there.

As for the caravan itself- We're doing everything we can to plan for a smooth, fun drive with a couple hundred Bimmers up the coast.

Andrewinla
04-12-2008, 12:23 AM
There was a place that fixed my Miata and Z3 M Roadster in Noth Hollywood that did great work.
It was called Germanix...not sure how its spelled?
I tried google and didn't find it. But my spelling is not right.

finkle
04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Germanix (or something like that)? Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably have to wait until after BF to fix it though. Tops take a while to order/install/tweak. On a lighter note I got my car back today :bigpimp: and it looks..well it looks like it was never hit in the first place!

This is the second time I've had body work done, and I highly recommend the body shop. They have a place in Palmdale and North Hollywood. Their business card picture is an E36 ;). Nuff said. "Andre's Auto Body and Paint" on Victory. They matched my 10 year old Dakar Yellow perfectly and do flawless work. Sorry if this sounds like a shameless plug, but I'm a happy customer.

Andrewinla
04-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok I will be meeting up a few people at the Marie Callendars in Glendale on Pacific Ave before going to the LA Meet location off Riverside Dr.

Plan to be there at 6:00AM and leave at 6:15AM to the LA Caravan official spot.

Anyone is welcome to join.

The freeway entrance does not require any left turns and is right by freeway entrance.
LINK TO MAP (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=marie+callendars&near=1139+N+Jackson+St,+Glendale,+California+91207&jsv=107&sll=34.156953,-118.264384&sspn=0.001021,0.0025&ie=UTF8&ll=34.156906,-118.264526&spn=0.001021,0.0025&t=h&z=19)

Euro Styln
04-16-2008, 11:17 AM
riverside were, in van nuys, encino. or glendale???

finkle
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
The bimmerfest stickers went on last night :thumbup: Can't wait.

04SSHD
04-18-2008, 10:33 PM
The bimmerfest stickers went on last night :thumbup: Can't wait.

I need to get some of those...been lazy recently...

My8
04-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Im heading out form the valley with other 8 series cars.. but we're down for joining others around here... where and when?

Alec.

Euro Styln
04-28-2008, 08:48 AM
okay so where is socal meeting, at Balboa Park???

Ed103
04-28-2008, 08:59 AM
okay so where is socal meeting, at Balboa Park???

Are you serious? Check the thread that says "Los Angeles Caravan" or click here (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271865&page=3).