PDA

View Full Version : USB Phone connection???

brettnosse
12-25-2007, 03:59 AM
If the car has usb can the phone be connected to it, to charge and send data to the screen, for contact details as my phone is not on the approved list.

Cheers Brett

hunterz4
12-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Not to jack your thread at all but your question made me wonder - I have an MP3 player on my phone with music stored on a micro SD with a small usb plug. If I find a way to connect it to the USB will it show my music.

brettnosse
12-26-2007, 02:45 AM
Cause USB will transfer data, and doesn;t reley on the different Bluetooth standards
USB is a universal

brettnosse
12-27-2007, 02:18 AM
any one got a USB and willing to try these ideas? Come on there has to be some myth busters on here!

BMW_tech
12-27-2007, 03:17 AM
The USB audio interface allows the connection of compatible MP3 players, such as an Apple iPod Generation4 or higher, to the vehicle and operates it through the vehicle's audio controls.

In addition to MP3 players, audio files on USB sticks can also be played through the USB audio interface.

Only audio files can be played. Accessing other files such as videos is not possible.

The USB audio interface currently supports the following compressed formats:

MP3 (mp3)

AAC (aac, m4a, m4b)

WAV/PCM (wav)

WMA (wma, asf)

Playlists in M3U format

NOTE: WAV files are not supported in playlists.

It is possible to access all stored audio data directly through a playlist, as well as searching for genre, artist, album or title. However, the sorting and displaying of audio files in the vehicle can only be carried out correctly, if all the data stored on the MP3 player (e.g. ID3 tags) contain Roman characters exclusively. Playlists need to contain absolute path indications if the audio file is not located in the same directory as the playlist itself.

LtGlenn13
01-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I just tried it with my Moto Krzr via the USB and the i-drive didn't recognize it at all. But, it did charge thru the USB port. I guess thats better than nothing!