PDA

View Full Version : Encounter With Deer-now Overheats! Help!

seawolf36
12-25-2007, 08:15 AM
The other night I took her out for a high speed run. Stupid, I know, but it has to be done every now and then. Anyway, accelerating through about 130mph, I guess I hit what I would guess to have been about a 140 lb deer. There didn't seem to be much damage but on the way home the car started running a little hot. Do you think that could have been the cause? Here are some pictures.

(Okay, I know is is not an X3 but I'm hoping y'all will help me out on this)

seawolf36

MMME30W
12-25-2007, 08:28 AM
There didn't seem to be much damage but on the way home the car started running a little hot. Do you think that could have been the cause? Here are some pictures.

Yes.

1.) Wear rubber gloves
2.) Clean it up
3.) Inspect the radiator for damage
4.) Take it to a reliable mechanic
5.) Slow the heck down

:dunno:

Terry J. Harris
12-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Try to salvage the back strips! :D

Evlengr
12-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Call your insurance agent---get if fixed--get rid of it--- pay homage to whatever deity or god you worship (at 130 the front end should be totalled, I can do the math if I wasn't lazy but the kinetic force of 100lbs+ at 130 is several tons) it will smell like dead carcas no matter what you do from now on.

M3Dreamer
12-25-2007, 01:31 PM
This the 3rd or 4th time I have seen these pics on the Web and at least the 2nd time on this forum.

Real post or just messin' around?

ffej
12-25-2007, 01:56 PM
This the 3rd or 4th time I have seen these pics on the Web and at least the 2nd time on this forum.

Real post or just messin' around?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/inconcievable.jpg

I count it as the 6th time here.

AzNMpower32
12-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Those pics have been circulating around for a month now :rolleyes:

Now to the OP, is that a 325i or a 330i?

Meiac09
12-25-2007, 05:09 PM
looks like a diesel...
actually, looks like the deer has been mated with the engine!

High speed runs are meant for a track, not dusk (where you are supposed to realize that deer are on the move) :rolleyes:

Evlengr
12-25-2007, 05:33 PM
looks like a diesel...

High speed runs are meant for a track, not dusk (where you are supposed to realize that deer are on the move) :rolleyes:

Tell that to the guy who just beat the US cannon ball record using a BMW M class.

Meiac09
12-25-2007, 05:37 PM
BMW M class.
:slap:

AzNMpower32
12-25-2007, 06:06 PM
looks like a diesel...

It is a diesel, I know. Tryin to get the OP to slip up.

Meiac09
12-25-2007, 06:45 PM
oops.... sorry

Andrew*Debbie
12-25-2007, 08:00 PM
(Okay, I know is is not an X3 but I'm hoping y'all will help me out on this)

DTC hard off.
Shift to reverse.
Clutch in.
Full Throttle.
Dump the clutch.

KarlB
12-25-2007, 08:15 PM
look at the bright side, if your overheating the forest rat is also cooked,nice bottle of Merlot and Bon apetite!!:thumbup:

pilotman
12-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Mods: This thread needs to be locked and/or deleted.

The pictures are reposted at least FIVE other times on this forum, in the past couple of weeks.

The thread is total BS and is a waste of time.

And its not even April fools, so its not funny, nor original. :thumbdwn:

Evlengr
12-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Bahhhhhh----its entertaining and now we know to take seawolf's comments with a grain of salt.

However, it lends to the question of how fast have the rest of you had your X3's?

Andrew*Debbie
12-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Mods: This thread needs to be locked and/or deleted.

If you are serious, you need to click the ! triangle in the upper right. The mods don't read every thread.

Compared to some of the crap that gets posted (like how can I destroy my e70 X5 engine without BMW knowing) this thread is fine.

seawolf36
12-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry folks. Perhaps I should have been more explicit in assuring this was obviously intended to be a joke. It was such an attempt. I do realize that not all people have a good sense of humor or even a slight sense of humor but I did think that all computers possessed a DELETE button. Wrong again!

I had not seen these bouncing around the web nor on this forum...I lead a sheltered life I suppose!. I just enjoyed it when I saw it and hoped to share my enjoyment with other Bimmerfest members in some attempt at reciprocation for the information and/or humor I have received over the past few months at this spot.

Yes, it is probably true...you should take my posts with a grain of salt mostly....and in return I shall endeavor to make my feeble attempts at humor more obvious in the future to avoid the potential of wasting anybody's valuable surf time.

Regardless, in the future I would appreciate responses critical to my posts to please refrain from less than cordial or Gentlemanly thoughts in response.

Happy New Year. May you and your deer enjoy a long and fruitful life!

seawolf36

noego
12-27-2007, 06:51 AM
so you're saying this was a joke all along?

by the way, i believe that hunting deer should be like fishing. get to keep 10 a day. deer are just like big rats..huge nuisance especially in the fall.

pilotman
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry folks. Perhaps I should have been more explicit in assuring this was obviously intended to be a joke. It was such an attempt. I do realize that not all people have a good sense of humor or even a slight sense of humor but I did think that all computers possessed a DELETE button. Wrong again!

I had not seen these bouncing around the web nor on this forum...I lead a sheltered life I suppose!. I just enjoyed it when I saw it and hoped to share my enjoyment with other Bimmerfest members in some attempt at reciprocation for the information and/or humor I have received over the past few months at this spot.

Yes, it is probably true...you should take my posts with a grain of salt mostly....and in return I shall endeavor to make my feeble attempts at humor more obvious in the future to avoid the potential of wasting anybody's valuable surf time.

Regardless, in the future I would appreciate responses critical to my posts to please refrain from less than cordial or Gentlemanly thoughts in response.

Happy New Year. May you and your deer enjoy a long and fruitful life!

seawolf36

You are missing the point. Jokes are fine, in fact, I love jokes, as I am sure most other members do.

But you simply reposted something that has already been reposted at LEAST FIVE times on the 'Fest already.

So, its kind of stupid to keep posting it over and over, especially when it was only marginally funny the first time.

A friendly bit of advice, before posting anything, a question, pictures, jokes, etc. please SEARCH. The forum is a VERY fast place, most current news stories, jokes, questions, problems etc. have already been discussed...guess we all have too much time on our hands.

Welcome to the 'Fest.

(and next time you post a joke, it better be funny and not a repost :thumbup:)

bobotski
12-27-2007, 12:24 PM
speaking for myself, this is the first time I've seen it in the X3 board. Might have been posted on other models, but I don't read them.