PDA

View Full Version : X3 Repair Issue - Seat Warmers

jdelson2@comcas
12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I had the driver's side seat cover replaced a few months ago; coincidentally after the repair, the seat warmer on the driver's side did not work at all. Returned the car to Kuni service dept for repair...they replaced a switch and made some computer programming adjustments, which resulted in both seats warming as if they were in the 'I' position when actually turned on in the 'III' position. I've returned the car to Kuni 2 more times where they've replaced the seat covers/warmers a total of 3 times. It's frustrating that they don't try something different. All I know is that my seats are now warming significantly cooler than previously and Kuni service dept says that my seat warmers currently meet specs and there is nothing else that they can (or will) do. Any suggestions on something else that they might try?

Thanks,
Jen

Evlengr
12-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Sounds like they have something simple like the switch reversed. Is Kuni a dealer or private company? Ask them to show you the specs to a normal vehicle compared to yours. And then take them to a dealer if you can't interpret them.

I call BS on this one (not you--them).

HG132
12-28-2007, 09:34 AM
What year is your X3?

I know that BMW had a recall 3 years back, on all models, because the heated seats ran too hot. The seats would burn up...peoples' wallets/coats/handbags caught fire. When they changed the specs there was a noticeable difference...to this day, even on my new X, I still think my seats aren't warm enough.

Evlengr
12-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Number one rule in engineering before you roll out a new product. TEST TEST TEST.

You would think BMW would know this. Cars are not software. You don't run a beta test on people like MS does on software.

While Posche sales go up BMW sales go down......? Hmmmmm.

doubledeclutch
12-29-2007, 06:01 PM
yea, the seat heaters were running too hot and burning people's bottoms, so it is very possible they changed the spec so that they now run cooler

MJS
12-30-2007, 06:59 AM
While Posche sales go up BMW sales go down......? Hmmmmm.

Overall BMW sales are up. Due to strong 3 series and X5 sales.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247777

Evlengr
12-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Overall BMW sales are up. Due to strong 3 series and X5 sales.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247777

Actually my statement came from a posting on this website (showed actual number of sales for 05, 06, and 07) that X3 sales are down, and this was reflected by my dealership.

I will be happy if overall sales are up since that will give them more capital expense to rectify the issues with the X3.

MJS
12-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Then you should have said just X3 sales. You said BMW sales.

Evlengr
12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Sorry since this is the X3 thread I presumed too much. I was referring to the Cayenne as well.

MJS
12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
NP. Glad I could help clear the muddy water.