PDA

View Full Version : Sport mode after the latest transmission update

apatel77
12-27-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm new to the forum, but have found it very helpful in dealing with the automatic transmission issues in my 2007 X3. I have one of the earlier builds as I ordered it in 8/06, and have since been very disappointed in its performance. The latest update to the EGS and DME software seemed to have helped considerably; however, there continues to be significant jerking during braking in sport mode. My SA at BMW of Towson says he doesn't know of any fixes for this problem, has anyone else encountered this problem? After driving a 335xi and a Mini Cooper S, I'm very disappointed with this "luxury SAV".

HGX3.0
01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
That's why I'm taking mine back for the 4th time - the sport mode is just too crazy - hunting for gears and jerky slow-down and stops.

I just test drove a 335i manual trans and 335xi steptronic - all I can say is WOW! Transmission smooth and responsive - acceleration is incredible.

I'm new to the forum, but have found it very helpful in dealing with the automatic transmission issues in my 2007 X3. I have one of the earlier builds as I ordered it in 8/06, and have since been very disappointed in its performance. The latest update to the EGS and DME software seemed to have helped considerably; however, there continues to be significant jerking during braking in sport mode. My SA at BMW of Towson says he doesn't know of any fixes for this problem, has anyone else encountered this problem? After driving a 335xi and a Mini Cooper S, I'm very disappointed with this "luxury SAV".

dug01
01-03-2008, 08:45 AM

I had mine reprogrammed after the trans went into limp mode on Aug 27, 2007--it was much better but is slowly returning to its old ways--and yes the downshifts in SM are abrupt and annoying...Sometimes hitting the gas after almost comming to a stop causes a hard down shift (in D mode) that causes rapid acceleration--so now I very carefully push the accelerator to prevent this. My first service is comming up soon and I will ask for a reprogram then---the one I had done in Aug was sib24 07 07.....More and more I am missing my old Audi Allroad..:(