PDA

View Full Version : did anyone ever post exactly what to...

eugeneDC/TX
02-12-2002, 08:02 PM
bag off (by this i mean pics) when cleaning the engine? if not, is anyone going to? thanks... my car is needing the cleaning

ism409
02-13-2002, 10:29 AM
yes you can thank the HACK for this one..
go here: link (http://www.beemerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=941) :thumb:

in_d_haus
02-15-2002, 08:11 AM
I never bag off anything, I just make sure not to spray the cleaner on the electronics and not spray water directly on them and I've never had trouble...

Guest84
02-15-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
I never bag off anything, I just make sure not to spray the cleaner on the electronics and not spray water directly on them and I've never had trouble...

What about overspray from a hose? How do you keep that from happening? I don't need any engine cleaning yet, but will eventually, I'm concerned about the overspray...

in_d_haus
02-21-2002, 02:13 PM
Not a problem from my experience. Unless its a stream that can force the water under the protective covers and onto the components.

this was more of a worry in the past where ballast resistors, voltage regulators, and the like were out in the open and not solid state/sealed.

If you have a CAI like HACK then it would be smart to cover it. Worse case situation you could hydraulic the motor.