PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get rid of '07 X3

Greystoke
12-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Bought a silver '07 X3 Premium/Sport/Nav this summer and really want to get rid of it. What do you all think my options are to get the maximum value back out of it? Thanks. :)

MMME30W
12-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Sell it to a private party in the classifieds, or perhaps in Roundel, the BMW CCA national magazine.

Next would be volume/national brand dealer e.g. Carmax.

Next would be a sale to a dealer.

Next would be a trade-in for a new vehicle.

STE92VE
12-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Drive it off a cliff and make sure it's a high enough one and collect the insurance money after they declare it totaled.

Andrew*Debbie
12-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Sell it to jo-e90??

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252429

Greystoke
12-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the help so far. I don't really want to push it off a cliff as my insurance company would have a problem with that. Hopefully someone wants it as it really is a nice car. I received orders overseas and don't want it sitting around for three years waiting for us to return.

MMME30W
12-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the help so far. I don't really want to push it off a cliff as my insurance company would have a problem with that. Hopefully someone wants it as it really is a nice car. I received orders overseas and don't want it sitting around for three years waiting for us to return.

Ouch.

I'd still at least drive to Carmax or similar to get an initial idea of the value in your market, then at least you'll have an idea of sale price.

I guess the method of sale depends on how much time you want to allocate. If you want a sympathetic, knowledgeable buyer, I'd still say Roundel is the way to go.

Best of luck overseas. Thanks for your service.

UncleJ
12-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Any chance of shipping it overseas as a POV for you? You mentioned "us" so I am assuming it is an accompanied tour and not a deployment. The lead time on Roundel ads will probably be too long to do you any good. Private party will probably get you the best price.