PDA

View Full Version : S50B32 T4 Turbo Manifold

To///M
12-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking of converting my S/C setup to a Turbo one...

can i get an aftermarket T4 turbo manifold somewhere?

thanks,
Tom

franka
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Just curious, why are you switching and what is on the car now?

To///M
01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I have a SC trim (or T Trim, i called vortech today, and they says that according to the s/c serial number, it's a t-trim, but on the s/c plate it says sc trim... i should mesure the inlet :) )
the kit is an rgm kit...

i'm not happy with it, i have the car for a half of a year, and i have replaced 2 belts.

i have he smallest s/c pulley, and i'm boosting only 0.5 bar. and the car is not strong enough for me...

so i'm going for a more radical setup :)

franka
01-11-2008, 12:38 PM
One half bar is 14.7 x 0.5 = 7.35 psi

That's not bad considering that many systems run only 6 psi but I can understand wanting more. You will need an intercooler for higher boost.

macclass5
01-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I had a T trim on my Viper, went to a JT blower with an intercooler, pulled 10psi with a 1.75 pully.

Mark

To///M
01-14-2008, 05:32 AM
I allready have an intercooler...

a relatively small one, but still, an intercooler :)

I think that i'll go for a custom made manifold...
the only aftermarket one i've found requires replacing an engine mount - i don't want vibrations on my car :)

Sanderman
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Tom,i heard that Guy from Hadera can do some custom manifold in great quality.
Try to talk to him....and hell yea, your BMW will fly,if you put a Turbo in it.

I know your car for long time and it definitly awesome,even with the current S/C

MPower-dodge
02-21-2008, 05:23 AM
ebay !!!!! not ....... if u plan on doin it properly make sur the manifold is a cast 1 not stainless welded pipes they simply cant take the heat. good luck

spoolin spec v
04-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I have a SC trim (or T Trim, i called vortech today, and they says that according to the s/c serial number, it's a t-trim, but on the s/c plate it says sc trim... i should mesure the inlet :) )
the kit is an rgm kit...

i'm not happy with it, i have the car for a half of a year, and i have replaced 2 belts.

i have he smallest s/c pulley, and i'm boosting only 0.5 bar. and the car is not strong enough for me...

so i'm going for a more radical setup :)

Put an intercooler, and a larger Crank pulley on it.

why are you replaceing belts? are they slipping, or straight up, breaking.