PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most A N A L about their car?

TD330ci
02-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Thought I was, until I posted here for awhile!! :eek:

I vote for RIP!! :lmao: :confused: :p

johnlew
02-12-2002, 07:53 PM
I am!

In my family anyway. :p

Dr. Phil
02-12-2002, 08:05 PM
If we're talking cleaning wise, I'm :dunno: as to why there is a need for a poll. Although Rip is the master of the Porter Cable:thumb: , I seriously doubt he would ever be caught in some one's driveway getting a gallon of water out of his trunk to clean fresh bird dropping off his car. He would at least wait to get home. Alee on the other hand has stopped and will contimue to do so:confused:

So in other words Alee handZ down.

evilfactoryowne
02-12-2002, 08:06 PM
Im pretty protective of my car, if thats what you mean. At work I park out back next to a GTI and a camaro SS. Everyone else parks in the front. I never like driving were I think some one might ding my doors either...

TD330ci
02-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT
If we're talking cleaning wise, I'm :dunno: as to why there is a need for a poll. Although Rip is the master of the Porter Cable:thumb: , I seriously doubt he would ever be caught in some one's driveway getting a gallon of water out of his trunk to clean fresh bird dropping off his car. He would at least wait to get home. Alee on the other hand has stopped and will contimue to do so:confused:

So in other words Alee handZ down.

I do mean cleaning wise and also things like, "Took the bus today because it was raining!"
:tsk:

Hehe... :p

Not throwing any stones. I can be JUST as bad!! :D

Just not on the same level. Just a bit of fun. :angel:

ALEX325i
02-12-2002, 08:09 PM
Hmmm... My M3 has never been driven in the rain... Neither have my previous two Corvettes...

But I vote for Al :D

Dr. Phil
02-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by TD330ci

I do mean cleaning wise and also things like, "Took the bus today because it was raining!"
:tsk:

Hehe... :p
And we can't ever forget the detailing one wheel at a time from under the car cover:tsk:

Oh Alex.......we really enjoy the fact that you don't have to drive your M in the rain:mad: , it must be tough having to take out the 325:rolleyes: That is those of us who don't yet have one.

j/k - I'd do the same if I were in your shoes.:D

nate
02-12-2002, 08:18 PM
ALEE by FAR!!! :eek:

Sean
02-12-2002, 08:41 PM
I think when it comes to the my 330Ci (I also own a E34 525i) my interior may win. No drinks, no food, NO SMOKING!, and your shoes must be clean. No dust, no finger prints, and no smudges. I vacuum it weekly just to remove the dust. There's nothing else in it, no dirt, leaves, and etc. on the floor mats. Rarely does anybody ride in it including myself. My wife hates for us to ever drive it, in fear of getting yelled at. I will have owned it 20 months at the end of Feb. and it still has a strong new car smell. It should with only 7,6XX miles.

Overall though, I think Alee is more anal. He's got my vote.

TD330ci
02-12-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Sean
I will have owned it 20 months at the end of Feb. and it still has a strong new car smell. It should with only 7,6XX miles.

20 months and 76XX mlies!! :confused:

DAM, suppose to be UDM!!

NOT the Ultimate Garage Machine!! :lmao:

Sean
02-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Sadly :cry: I enjoy my 525i more. That's one of the reasons I'm now trying to sell the 330.

The HACK
02-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Duude, why is my handle included on this list? I can think of at least 10 regulars here that are way more A N A L than I am.

And TD? Man, the guy doesn't even wax his car for crying out loud.

I'll give you one thing...I am obsessive about working on my car, but far from an*l. :confused:

alee
02-13-2002, 05:05 AM
I don't know whether to be honored or frightened...

... just because I detail my car in 30 degree weather because it looked a little dirty

... just because I have actually washed my car in the rain using the car cover as a shield because my car was too dirty for my comfort level

... just because I could run a detailing business out of the trunk of my car with all the supplies I must carry "just in case"

... just because I pull over immediately when birds crap on my car and I do a mini detail job

... just because my hands smell like Lexol and my clothes reek of Zaino from applying these fine products too many times

... just because I bought a brand new M68 rear rim because there were little scratches on my old rim

... just because I watch the Weather Channel like it's a new religion and take the train to work when it is expected to rain the day after I wash my car

... and just because I always wash my car like clockwork the day after it rains

... doesn't mean I'm anal. And I certainly don't have a problem. :D

Mike 325xi
02-13-2002, 05:24 AM
See above..any questions?? I didn't think so... :rolleyes:

Dr. Phil
02-13-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Mike 325xi
See above..any questions?? I didn't think so... :rolleyes:
Amen:lmao:

Guest84
02-13-2002, 06:12 AM
I voted Alee! :)

Actually, I haven't started using detail sticks, cottons, swabs yet on my car, but come this summer my detail job will be another 2 hours longer in preparation for some Club events :yikes:

Guest84
02-13-2002, 06:15 AM
"I seriously doubt he would ever be caught in some one's driveway getting a gallon of water out of his trunk to clean fresh bird dropping off his car. He would at least wait to get home. Alee on the other hand has stopped and will contimue to do so:confused:"
Z down.

Actually, ALee and I both have a "Bird Poop Emergency Kit" in our trunks, alittle bottle of distilled water, some "Speed Shine" and cotton towels for those emergencies, had to use mine once so far.:)

Guest84
02-13-2002, 06:20 AM
... just because I detail my car in 30 degree weather because it looked a little dirty

Never gets below 30 here, coldest I've washed in is 37 deg.

... just because I have actually washed my car in the rain using the car cover as a shield because my car was too dirty for my comfort level

Never done that! Though I've washed it two days in a row!

... just because I could run a detailing business out of the trunk of my car with all the supplies I must carry "just in case"

I got the emergency kit idea from YOU! :) Only $500 invested in products here so far...

... just because I pull over immediately when birds crap on my car and I do a mini detail job

Done it only once thankfully!

... just because my hands smell like Lexol and my clothes reek of Zaino from applying these fine products too many times

Hmm, think my stink is Vanilla, from the interior spray I use. :)

... just because I watch the Weather Channel like it's a new religion and take the train to work when it is expected to rain the day after I wash my car

I watch the weather every day now, and plan my washings accordingly!

... and just because I always wash my car like clockwork the day after it rains

Only if theres a chance of 1 day of sunshine following the rain here!

... doesn't mean I'm anal. And I certainly don't have a problem. :D

Nope, doesn't appear to me that your anal! :D

Dr. Phil
02-13-2002, 06:30 AM
Rip

I should split my vote in half between you and Al. Would you mind sharing with us your daily Prozac dosage:eeps:

(phil's mind starts building his own emergency kit and wondering where to hide it in the wagon)

Do you have a travel size Speed shine or the pop up wipes?

alee
02-13-2002, 06:47 AM
(phil's mind starts building his own emergency kit and wondering where to hide it in the wagon)
After I ran out of room on the left side of the trunk, I started using the plastic dish that sits inside the spare tire. :thumb: Also have a quart of oil in case I ever need it.

Mike 325xi
02-13-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by alee

After I ran out of room on the left side of the trunk, I started using the plastic dish that sits inside the spare tire. :thumb: Also have a quart of oil in case I ever need it.
As if you would even know how to check your oil let alone add a quart!! :lmao:

Guest84
02-13-2002, 06:59 AM
Rip

I should split my vote in half between you and Al. Would you mind sharing with us your daily Prozac dosage:eeps:

Do you have a travel size Speed shine or the pop up wipes?

I carry two 35mm film containers, one with distilled water, one with Speed Shine. they're neatly rolled up inside of two small 100% cotton towelettes. 1 extra quart of oil inside the spare tire, but considering on removing it since I haven't burned a drop in 8500 miles.

Dr. Phil
02-13-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Ripsnort

I carry two 35mm film containers, one with distilled water, one with Speed Shine. they're neatly rolled up inside of two small 100% cotton towelettes. 1 extra quart of oil inside the spare tire, but considering on removing it since I haven't burned a drop in 8500 miles.
I believe my wife has about 1000 of those laying around:thumb: Evil Dr. Phil will be doing a little kit assembly tonight:D Is Final Inspection and flannel detailer cloths OK;)

Guest84
02-13-2002, 07:22 AM
PM, whatever products you like will work! The key is getting that shiit off of their ASAP! ;)

Imola Ed
02-13-2002, 08:58 AM
I don't know if I qualify, but when people get into my car, first they have to go through a decontamination chamber. Next, they must "suit up" and be put into a clean room suit. We then place clear plastic over the seats so as not to track any foreign substances into the vehicle. All of this is done in a vacuum sealed environment. Once the doors are shut, we hermetically seal the vehicle with a large piece of Saran Wrap. This helps waterproof the vehicle as we venture through the outside world.

Guest84
02-13-2002, 09:10 AM
LOL Ed! you win! Though, my wife did take a picture of me washing down our other rig...I didn't want to take any chances contaminating the surface:

http://www.remploy.co.uk/rtg/images/nbc_02.jpg

Mike 325xi
02-13-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Imola Ed
I don't know if I qualify, but when people get into my car, first they have to go through a decontamination chamber. Next, they must "suit up" and be put into a clean room suit. We then place clear plastic over the seats so as not to track any foreign substances into the vehicle. All of this is done in a vacuum sealed environment. Once the doors are shut, we hermetically seal the vehicle with a large piece of Saran Wrap. This helps waterproof the vehicle as we venture through the outside world.
I know you were kidding Ed...but there isn't a single step in your description that would surprise me if I found out alee was doing it...the boy needs help...serious electro-shock therapy type of help!!! :D

alee
02-13-2002, 09:47 AM
...the boy needs help...serious electro-shock therapy type of help!!! :D
I suppose you'll just have to come an try to kick my ass. I won't be easy though. At 4 foot 9, I'll be difficult to catch. :D

Mike 325xi
02-13-2002, 09:50 AM

I suppose you'll just have to come an try to kick my ass. I won't be easy though. At 4 foot 9, I'll be difficult to catch. :D
No using your martial arts skills that you were born with OK??? :D

I'm not much taller so it will be like dwarf boxing!! :rolleyes:

alee
02-13-2002, 10:04 AM

No using your martial arts skills that you were born with OK??? :D

I'm not much taller so it will be like dwarf boxing!! :rolleyes:
I think you're on to something. Just think of the money we could make. :D

Dr. Phil
02-13-2002, 10:15 AM

I think you're on to something. Just think of the money we could make. :D
Count me in for a ring side ticket:thumb:

Imola Ed
02-13-2002, 10:22 AM
When they're done, we can throw them for extra points.

in_d_haus
02-14-2002, 10:38 AM
I think I got 'em all beat...IMHO :)

SacM3
03-01-2002, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty picky about mine, had it 3 weeks and have 5 coats of Zaino on it. Will not be driven in the rain and gets a going over at the end of each day with the Z6 to eliminate and miscellaneous dirt.

PropellerHead
03-01-2002, 02:31 PM
A candidate perhaps?

http://www.bimmerpower.net/images/00540/cleaned.jpg

Imola Ed
03-01-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by PropellerHead
A candidate perhaps?

http://www.bimmerpower.net/images/00540/cleaned.jpg

I often contemplate doing just that...