PDA

View Full Version : MY 2008 Active Headrests

jdeday
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
I noticed that the 2008 models come standard with Active Headrests. Do the headrest still tilt?

doubledeclutch
01-03-2008, 10:05 PM
The Active head restraints have to be one of the silliest additions to the X3 for 2008. They were invented for those people who never bother or are just to lazy to adjust their headrests themselves. The last thing I want or need is a pyrotechnic device triggering a powerful set of springs that launches the headrest toward the back of my head when I could have adjusted the previous type EXACTLY how I wanted and needed. This is a Lexus/Mercedes type gimmick. I think BMW drivers know how to adjust a headrest.

AzNMpower32
01-04-2008, 08:06 AM
If they're like the ones on the X5, no, they don't tilt. I personally think it's a stupid attempt to improve their image, since the previous ones didn't score as well in the "not-really-that-important-or-realistic" rear end crash test.

HT417
01-05-2008, 12:31 AM
No, they don't tilt. They can be adjusted up and down and the button you see on the side allows you to move the front part of the headrest back and forth to adjust its distance from your head.