PDA

View Full Version : Dice ipod adapter with DSP

cocknbull
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I have a 04 X3 withe premium sound. In the center consul I have a 3 pin and a coaxial cable.
I bought the Dice module and the DSP adapter. After installing everything I can only get power and text no audio. I can only speculate that the coaxial line in the center consul is for something else, and the real one I need is in the rear.

Has anyone done this install? Have have done several searches and it seems like most have the 6 and 3 pin in the center consul.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks Again

MC-X3
01-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I would look again for the connector. Mine was buried very deep and it is covered with a nice black piece of material with velcro.

jlaverick2
01-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I used the adapter for sirius install but here's the pic of the wires...they're kind of difficult to reach but they're there

jlaverick2
01-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Sorry...that was a pic for non-DSP. Here's the one with

MC-X3
01-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I found mine deep down a hole near the rear of the compartment.

danman3
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
i have a 2005 x3 3.0 6 speed, (i suppose the 3.0 and 6 speed is irrelevant but anywho...) and i have the dsp and navigation and sirius. i want to get the dice ipod thing and i was wondering if the text would show up on my nav screen or if it even works? what special parts do i have to buy since i have dsp, nav and sirius? also can i have sirius and the ipod work together or does one have to be disconnected. i left a message with dice but no one has calle dme back yet. any help would be great. thanks.

eldorado01
03-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I installed the DICE ipod kit with DSP today. I realize now that the list control is limited and if I'm looking for an specific playlist I have to go alphabetically until I get there (Aerosmith, Beatles, Billy Idol... Rolling Stones way down the road) and it's a real pain to go down the list. Is there anybody who changed the iPod configuration dip switches from OFF to ON to change from "Locked" to "iPod" mode to control the music from the ipod's wheel?

dformica
04-07-2008, 08:19 PM
hey cocknbull,how did you get your center console off? i just bought the dice set-up for my ipod

dformica
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
how did you install your dice and where?

eldorado01
04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
The center console may not have to come off. I just pulled the bucket straight up and I found the bundled cable right underneath it. I just installed my kit over a week ago and one of the cables is loose and the sound it not coming anymore. I'll investigate tomorrow afternoon. Make sure your cables are tightly connected when you do it.

JSB5776
04-13-2008, 10:24 AM
They say on the Dice website here that if you have the 3 pin and coaxial cable, you need the $99 coaxial kit as well. I'm not sure, but I believe that if you have the 3 pin and the coaxial you will not have the 6 pin.
http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DETEST01&Product_Code=i-BMW-T&Category_Code=DICE_IPOD_BMW

I have a 2006 X3 with premium sound. I need to find out if my DSP ha the coax or not... Im hoping not.

From the videos below, it seems that the easiest way to get things its to go thru the ashtray in the rear seat. Watch the 4 videos, they're reall good, and even show how to use it. An updated use video is on the the BAW website..

Here is vid 2 of 4. That shows the ashtray entry!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3pWVlKsUl8&feature=related

Update use video.
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product/519/282/BMW-X3-iPod-Kit-by-DICE/