PDA

View Full Version : Independent X3 Consultant in Midwest

PeteC
01-07-2008, 05:19 AM
I am looking for an independant X3 technical consultant in the Midwest. My X-3 has about 29,000 K miles on it. It has an extended warranty. Twice I have called my dealer and mentioned some concerns (sun roof and transmission being a couple of a few "issues") and I get a "deer in the headlights" response (or is it ignorance of the obvious). I would gladly pay an independant well versed in X3 world to check out my vehicle and back up my concerns. Does this person/company exists? Why should it be a confrontation with the dealer regarding compliance relating to warranty work?

kjboyd
01-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Pete: do a search on this board for your problems for SIB or TSB bulletins and then print and take those with you.

they can't deny something in print FROM corporate.... well, not normally!

MJS
01-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Where in the Midwest? That's a big geographic area.

PeteC
01-08-2008, 05:29 AM
I am SouthWest of Chicago, IL. I mentioned bulletins (specifically transmission) last time I spoke to dealer.

MJS
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Koala Motorsport. Novelty, Ohio.

jcarlilesiu
01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Perillo BMW downtown Chicago. I have had nothing but "excellent" while working with them. Ask for service advisor Kelly.

jman103099
01-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Perillo BMW downtown Chicago. I have had nothing but "excellent" while working with them. Ask for service advisor Kelly.

:confused: I have heard some bad things about Perillo on these forums... I still think it depends on the day, everyone will have good and bad experiences at the same dealership.

I took my car to BMW of Orland the day after Christmas because the check engine light was on. I dont live up there, and hadnt called ahead. They got me right in and were great. Check them out maybe?

jcarlilesiu
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
:confused: I have heard some bad things about Perillo on these forums... I still think it depends on the day, everyone will have good and bad experiences at the same dealership.

I took my car to BMW of Orland the day after Christmas because the check engine light was on. I dont live up there, and hadnt called ahead. They got me right in and were great. Check them out maybe?

I had heard some bad things about them too after purchasing my X3 there, which made me skeptical. I have had the car for a year now, and had it in for various items around 6 times and I don't have a single complaint.

cosmotini_ccd
01-18-2008, 05:51 PM
We had some warranty work done on our 330ci at AutoHaus of Clayton (St. Louis, MO) where we bought. I was happy with the work they did and impressed with how organized they are.