PDA

View Full Version : Lost personal settings

hungcvp
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Yesterday, all of my personal settings on my E70, such as lighting, seat position, radio stations, measured units, camera and PDC, etc... were suddenly lost, except the bluetooth connection setting :yikes: I don't think this causes by a power failure, cuz I could start engine without problem. But today, everything is fine, so should I go to the BMW dealer to check my car? I guess that this prob may concern to the spare key I used to unlock my car i/o the remote control. Thanks for any suggestion.

dolfstar
01-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Do you have comfort access? I do and it happened to me today... until I realized I had grabbed my wife's key from the counter and she has not bothered to customize things.

OldHubbardRd
01-09-2008, 04:24 PM
It sounds like you may have grabbed the spare key instead of the key that has all your settings memorized.

Jasonalec
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Same thing happened here. Used the other key and didn't know about this "Feature". They should prompt you when you get in the car. Is there a way to pull up the settings? I saw some postings saying to use the other remote to lock and it will "transfer". Don't want to overwrite what is there. Can someone confirm how to get back my old settings? Is it as simple as using the old key? Switched because the plastic to hold on keyring broke.