PDA

View Full Version : Dead Radio

okiedutch
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
The radio in my 2007 X3 has gone totally blank. Has anyone else experienced this?

bmwadam
01-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Well I had a CD player fritz out on me, sometimes it would eject the CD, other times it wouldnt. I just took it back and had the dealer replace it. It was covered under the warranty.

infin8ly
01-12-2008, 01:55 PM
My radio was replaced by BMW within the first 7,000.

X3 Skier
01-12-2008, 01:57 PM
That was one of the sysmptoms when I started having an electrical problem. Wound up replacing the entire instrument cluster under warranty. Take it to the dealer ASAP. Probably just the radio but why wait?

Cheers

HG132
01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Was it just the radio or were/are unable to use the bluetooth as well?

lostnks
01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
No answer but the day I signed the papers on my '07 X3, the radio went out. I let it sit for an hour and the radio came back. Since then, it's happened about once a week.

Today, I shifted into reverse and no go. I had to restart the car for the transmission to work. Another thing was the fuel gage, I filled it and the gage didn't show any different level of fuel.

What's happening?????

It goes into the shop this Wednesday for a thermostat.

It has 8k on the odo.

Worst vehicle I've owned.:rolleyes:

AzNMpower32
01-13-2008, 03:50 PM
No answer but the day I signed the papers on my '07 X3, the radio went out. I let it sit for an hour and the radio came back. Since then, it's happened about once a week.

Today, I shifted into reverse and no go. I had to restart the car for the transmission to work. Another thing was the fuel gage, I filled it and the gage didn't show any different level of fuel.

What's happening?????

It has 8k on the odo.

I hate to break this to you, but I think your X3 is one that's going to be a headache. I've basically concluded there are two kinds of BMWs: the ones that have a few minor problems but are otherwise very reliabe. Then there's the ones that have issues from day one and never seem to stop fritzing. Your's may be the latter.

X3 Skier
01-13-2008, 05:57 PM

What's happening?????

It has 8k on the odo.

I had all kinds of strange electrical happenings. The instrument Cluster is some kind of node in the system. They replaced it and no more worries in 20000 miles.

Cheers

okiedutch
01-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Was it just the radio or were/are unable to use the bluetooth as well?

I was unable to use the bluetooth as well as the radio. The dealer has ordered a new radio/cd player. It should arrive this week.