PDA

View Full Version : X3 CD Changer or Radio problem?

brasshat325I
01-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I have a 2006 BMW X3 with Bluetooth, prewired for satellite & BMW Assist. I am trying to add an Ipod interface to my CD Changer. I purchased an interface form Grom Audio and tried to hook it up both in the rear trunk & center console. No luck with either. When I increase the volume I hear only static noise and some type of interference. If the volume is turned up almost to max I can hear faint music.

I tried another alternative. I purchased a Kenwood Keg similar to Phatbox with a Soundgate Kenwood/BMW converter. I hooked up this system and have the same results except I hear no music.

I am beginning to wonder if I have a defective radio. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? There should not be a difference from 2004 - 2006 wiring?

Thanks

MC-X3
01-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I have the adapter from Dice, the correct connector is (at least the one I used successfully) is deep in the center console near the rear.

ejp0016
01-18-2008, 04:55 PM
I just installed a Grom in my 08 X3. I had the same exact problem that you had. I had two 6-pin connectors and one 3-pin in the bundle in the center console. When I used the 6-pin connector labeled "CD" I had the same issue - control but no (or very faint) sound. When I used the other 6-pin connector everything worked fine. Not sure if your 06 has two 6-pin connectors or not, but I would take a second look.

brasshat325I
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
I had the Grom and sent it back because I thought it was defective. I also have two six pin connections one labeled CD and the other is not. I only tried the one labeled CD. I do not know what the other is for. I also tried the pair in the rear trunk area and had the same results. I wonder why the non labeled six pin in the console works?

I just purcased a CD changer to test and I had the same results but I will try the other six pin and see what happens.

Thanks