PDA

View Full Version : X3 country specific configurations

Vero
01-11-2008, 04:34 AM
Hi! I have a 2006 X3 in USA and Iīm moving to Torino in Italy, I want to take my car with me but first I want to know if I will have problems because of the specific configurations. Is it possible to convet it or something?..... I need to know if I will be able to use my car in Italy and if it will be possible to sell it after few years. Please help,,, I alreade went to a bmw concesionarie and the seller said just "I donīt know" :mad:

HT417
01-11-2008, 05:04 AM
If you're going there to support the US military and will be receiving an ID card and logistical support it should be a non-issue. If you're moving as a pure civilian, I'd say either contact your sponsor if you've accepted a job or contact the Italian Customs Office for help.

AzNMpower32
01-11-2008, 07:09 AM
For starters, you'll have to convert all the computer readouts to metric (like the odometer) and you'll probably want/need rear fog lights.

bobbyjoe
01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure if the metric conversion is absolutely necessary. I think it depends on the country's law. I just brought a US BMW X3 over to Canada (metric country) and all they need is the presence of a metric *speedometer*. Even though it's in the inner ring, it was okay and passed inspection.

X3 Skier
01-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Since US Spec x3's are available for European Delivery and driven extensively in Europe by people like me before shipping to the US, the mechanical/electrical/fluids systems will be fine. Have no clue about selling it over there or what is required by EC laws.

You could contact BMWNA who might have some insight.

Cheers