PDA

View Full Version : New AT and engine software update comming

claud 3
01-15-2008, 04:27 AM
I took my 07 X3 into the dealer yesterday for them to check out my trans and sat radio. They never could find anything wrong in the puter history or the way it drives. This is not suprising since only on one occassion each has it has a rough shift and failed to go when accelerating. The sat radio is another thing altogether. it regularly drops out. They said they checked everything and there was nothing wrong. There is something definatly wrong since it dropped signal 8 times going home from Chapel Hill to Raleigh and no tunnels or overpasses. My next move is to contact Sirius.
The dealer asked me if I wanted the present software for the trans or if I wanted to wait a month for the new one for the trans and engine. I could not have both. I decided to wait since it has been months since it had an issue.
My loaner was an E90 wagon with comfort access. It was a nice option. I'm glad I got a chance to try it.

kjboyd
01-15-2008, 06:52 AM
ah, why can't you have both?

claud 3
01-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Dealer called me yesterday to try and fix sat radio. Of course they flunked the follow up survey with me. They are going to try again the 5th.

Driver8
01-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Claud - This confirms my experience with my recent service visit. My SA asked me if I could wait a couple weeks and come back, as they had a new update on the way and preferred to do the update once, if possible. Since they had to order some parts that would require a follow-up visit, I told them that would be fine.

I just spoke with him and he told me that the update had been delayed until mid-March.

"The dealer asked me if I wanted the present software for the trans or if I wanted to wait a month for the new one for the trans and engine."