PDA

View Full Version : About to install UUC SSK. Post secret tips here!

Kaz
12-24-2001, 11:45 AM
The instructions look pretty good, so I shouldn't have any problems, but I know Vince and I learned a few extra tricks with the swaybar install despite having read 2 or 3 different DIYs.

silroc
12-24-2001, 11:58 AM
use a lift if possible :)

I watched Ben Liaw do mine using a lift -

It took him literally 15 minutes !! Best mod for my car yet !!!

You will enjoy it I am sure !!

Best of luck

Kaz
12-24-2001, 12:34 PM
Sil, you're right about the lift.

This is one install I'm probably gonna hafta get a shop to do. Not that it looks that tough, but without the car way up in the air (and I have it up on jackstands pretty high right now), access to the stuff is tough.

Oh well...

Edge/330ci
12-24-2001, 06:11 PM
I would have installed mine this past weekend .. however .. my UUC SSK arrived with only one of the four delrin bushings..

after a quick email to UUC, I find that they:

A) should have been in the box

and

B) are now on 'backorder'

sounds fishy .. but I'll give the guys the benefit of the doubt, and wait, and hope the bushings come in soon..

LilEccentricJ
12-24-2001, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Edge/330ci
I would have installed mine this past weekend .. however .. my UUC SSK arrived with only one of the four delrin bushings..

It's a real good thing you checked the contnets before you got into the project. Let us know how fast they get them to you. This is a good test of their ability to service a customer after the sale. I'm thinking about their new twin silencer exhaust for my car, I would like to know that the compnay is solid in support!