PDA

View Full Version : Current build to order lead time?

Arkay402
01-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Wife is considering the 4.8i vs. the ML550 to replace the LX470 when its lease ends in 3 months - wants something smaller to drive day to day and given both are capable of towing my track car/trailer, I'm a neutral party to this decision.

However, according to our BMW rep, I was told the lead time for a built to order car is only 4 weeks from SC - is that true??

I believe the ML built in AL requires close to 3 months to schedule production but if true, the X5's lead time is truly astounding.

Any help based on experience or knowledge to verify this claim would be greatly appreciated.

Will have to take a final back-to-back test drive soon in order to make sure we get the car by mid-April when the Lexus' lease ends, TIA.

TexasBMW
01-21-2008, 10:56 AM
My 4.8i was ordered 12/18 and the guesstimate is it will be delivered week of Feb 4th. So that's about 6-7 weeks. I purchased from a dealer's production allocation, which may have slowed it down a week or two, and I'm in far W. Texas too.

Wow, 3 months for an ML...go ahead and order the '09 then! Crazy.

Good luck with it!

Wife is considering the 4.8i vs. the ML550 to replace the LX470 when its lease ends in 3 months - wants something smaller to drive day to day and given both are capable of towing my track car/trailer, I'm a neutral party to this decision.

However, according to our BMW rep, I was told the lead time for a built to order car is only 4 weeks from SC - is that true??

I believe the ML built in AL requires close to 3 months to schedule production but if true, the X5's lead time is truly astounding.

Any help based on experience or knowledge to verify this claim would be greatly appreciated.

Will have to take a final back-to-back test drive soon in order to make sure we get the car by mid-April when the Lexus' lease ends, TIA.

Bruin72
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM

Placed my order on Dec 7. The build was completed on Dec 16, however the vehicle sat around for 16 days, waiting to be released to the carrier. It finally arrived at the dealer on January 9, but I didn't pick it up until January 15.

tifosa2001
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Ordered on the 6th. Build started on the 11th. I had it just after Christmas. Great Christmas / New Years gift for the wife.