PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Bmw X3 - Please Help

justinxyz
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm thinking of taking over the lease to a 2006 x3 with 24 months left and 19 thousand miles left. The price is $350 per month. There are a few costs involved which we are going to split.

A.) is this a fair deal?
B.) anyone ever taken over a lease and lived to tell about it. I'm a bit nervous about wear and tear items at the end of the lease and hidden fees from BMW when I return it. Any help?
C.) Most importantly what do you think of the vehicle? Any problems or things to what out for?

Thanks very much for any comments anyone might have.

Cheers. :dunno:

gotoschoolhere
01-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm thinking of taking over the lease to a 2006 x3 with 24 months left and 19 thousand miles left. The price is $350 per month. There are a few costs involved which we are going to split.

A.) is this a fair deal?
B.) anyone ever taken over a lease and lived to tell about it. I'm a bit nervous about wear and tear items at the end of the lease and hidden fees from BMW when I return it. Any help?
C.) Most importantly what do you think of the vehicle? Any problems or things to what out for?

Thanks very much for any comments anyone might have.

Cheers. :dunno:

I can see that you are new, so just a heads up... but if you had posted this in the right forum like "Ask a Dealer" or "X3", you might have encountered more help.

None-the-less, to answer you questions.

A) $350 is not a bad deal, but no one here really knows because we know the e90 (3er) market value well. So in essence, I would say post in either of the above forums for that. From experience I would say that you need the year of the car, what series it is, how it is equipped (options - packages) and color combo if available.

Do you want to keep the car after the lease?

B) Personally I have never taken over a lease. However, I would recommend involving a third party company such as leasetrader, or swapalease. If money is an issue (those companies do want to make money of these deals) and you are dealing face to face... I would definitely make sure BMW is aware of you taking over the lease.

Have a BMW Center take a look at the car. I am assuming the car is still under warranty so you'll be covered 'till the enc of your lease.

C) This is a e90 forum... you'll be hard pressed to find anything positive around here about this car. MY PERSONAL OPINION... Please do with it what you will. The X3 was not designed nor built by BMW. It is outsourced to a subcontractor. This means nothing though. The X5 and Z4 are made in America. I just got a Z4 - I never thought I would drive a BMW made in America - Even though both our X5 and Z4 were made here. From reports American BMW's are better made than their German counter parts.

To my knowledge the X3 is made in Austria, however, I have forgotten the exact location.

And watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nX-bxVLrGg

I will say that the host is VERY biased.

Good luck.

Evlengr
01-25-2008, 07:13 AM
After being on this web site I can only say that an 06 is the one with the least complaints. However, I never lease since I tend to exceed the paltry 12k a mile or less allowance on mileage.

So don't know squat about leasing only that it is easier to do a wind shear resistance calculation or design a network than decode some of the lease deals and jargon I have seen on this board.

Mystic1
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Really depends on the options. $350 is still a decent payment as I think that is what BMW was leasing the base model with no options in 2005-2006. Beware of the mileage as 19K in 24 months is not much if you drive a fair amount. 1000 miles a month is roughly 33 miles a day.
As far as the wear/tear on the vehicle at lease end, if you maintain it well, there are no issues. Just keep the tires inflated properly and rotate them to keep them wearing evenly and you will be OK. There usually is a $350 disposition fee at lease end to turn in the vehicle, so be aware of that. Good luck.

gmlav8r
01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Isn't that X3 in the video a pre-xdrive version?

kjboyd
01-27-2008, 09:19 PM
the X3 has ALWAYS had X-drive, hence the X in the name.
and it WAS designed by BMW, just contract built by MagnaStyer in Austria.

Andrew*Debbie
01-28-2008, 06:13 AM
Please ignore anything Jermey Clarkson has to say about the 2004 X3.

Only an idiot like Clarkson would take an X3 into that muddy mess.

itzeug
01-28-2008, 06:30 AM
its the only chick car heh can you still cancel the order?

crazybelgian
01-28-2008, 06:51 AM
I really love my 2006 X3, but due to a change in my financial situation I need to find someone to take over my lease...
Just as a comparison: I have 26,000 miles left on my lease and my monthly payment is 430 INcluding tax.
PM me if you're interested.
My car is Jet Black with Terracotta leather and has the winter package(heated seats, heated steering wheel, ski hatch and headlight washers), panoramic sun roof, ...

Just noticed you are in Michigan as well, that should make things pretty easy :)