PDA

View Full Version : May have to consider other options...

PUZZ
01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
All of the talk about the X5/X3 hesitation problem is causing me to drop the X5 from my list and focus on either the 535xiT, Cayenne or Range Rover Sport. Would you have still chosen the X5 if you knew then what you know now??

TexasBMW
01-25-2008, 03:00 PM
yes.

All of the talk about the X5/X3 hesitation problem is causing me to drop the X5 from my list and focus on either the 535xiT, Cayenne or Range Rover Sport. Would you have still chosen the X5 if you knew then what you know now??

XZLR8
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
I've never been a fan of the Cayenne.

We did consider the RRS pretty seriously, though. The interior dash design and features seemed very antiquated to me, but I was even willing to consider overlooking that because I am SUCH a fan of the exterior design. Still, when the performance numbers were worse and the lease rates were ridiculously bad, it helped sway us in the direction of the X5. I'd make that same decision again.

Personally, I think the 535xiT is a fantastic car, but very different from the X5. If we didn't already have a 3er wagon in the garage at the time, it might have been preferred over the X5.

hunterz4
01-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I came out of an X3 (lemon buyback because of transmission issues) and leased an X5. I have had no transmission issues at all with the X5 and I am very sensitive to it. I really like the X5. I also like the wagon but have not driven one. I have a 530i sedan and it is a very nice car too.

emcman
01-25-2008, 05:02 PM

No problem here since I bought last April. I have the 4.8 and it pulls fine in D2. I have a couple of other small quirky issue but nothing major.

windsor027
01-26-2008, 04:33 AM

And you think you will not have problems with the Range Rover? From what I know they are not the model of reliability my friend. Now the 535xiT is a very different car than the X5 and the Cayenne also has its problems.

PUZZ
01-26-2008, 07:09 PM
And you think you will not have problems with the Range Rover? From what I know they are not the model of reliability my friend. Now the 535xiT is a very different car than the X5 and the Cayenne also has its problems.

I know that the Range is not known for reliability and ranks low on my list. I'm just hesitant (no pun intended) to get an X5 or an X3 if there is a big issue with tranny lag.

jetstream23
01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Same boat. Looking for a new SUV and the X5, Lexus GX470, Land Rover LR3 and Range Rover Sport are all on the list. A Range Rover is also being considered but would have to be preowned since I'm not spending north of $70K on a new truck. I've gone back and forth between all of the above vehicles.....On-road performance - BMW....Reliability and Value - Lexus......Overall styling and Offroad ability - Range Rover.....Best 3rd row seat - LR3......I just can't make up my mind.

Wingboot
02-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Me too.......

I have been considering an overpriced "high" powered smallish SUV and the front runners are X5 (because it's BMW), RRS (Looks!), Cayenne (Porsche rep {don't know if that's a plus or minus})

Anyway I want to consolidate my two vehicles into one. I currently have an 04 330Cic and a Chevy Silverado 4X4. $70k for a truck / car seems crazy to me but you gotta pay to play right?

Why don't they offer the X5 with a manual transmission............aaarrrrggghhhhh!

P.S. My car is awesome and if I lived somewhere that I could enjoy it I wouldn't even consider parting the her...................... alas..............

cross5x
02-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I have both the RRS and 4.8 X5, they are great vehicles, but Ive been having some minor problems with the RRS (nothing that you cant take care of) but the X5 is just perfect! Well except for the jerky transmission upon slowing down (maybe it is because my X hasn't been broken in yet)

Oh and I think all cars have their own problems, and you should go with what car you like. As far as I know, the GL has the least complaints on their forum last year, I don't know about that now.

I love my X5.

soldmystang
02-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Me too.......

I have been considering an overpriced "high" powered smallish SUV and the front runners are X5 (because it's BMW), RRS (Looks!), Cayenne (Porsche rep {don't know if that's a plus or minus})

Anyway I want to consolidate my two vehicles into one. I currently have an 04 330Cic and a Chevy Silverado 4X4. $70k for a truck / car seems crazy to me but you gotta pay to play right?

Why don't they offer the X5 with a manual transmission............aaarrrrggghhhhh!

P.S. My car is awesome and if I lived somewhere that I could enjoy it I wouldn't even consider parting the her...................... alas..............

none of your front running choices will take the place of the Silverado. besides doesn't that truck have 350+/- hp? if you don't need a pick-up i say sell it. however, i have never met anyone that didn't need a pick-up truck.

Wingboot
02-07-2008, 10:27 AM
none of your front running choices will take the place of the Silverado. besides doesn't that truck have 350+/- hp? if you don't need a pick-up i say sell it. however, i have never met anyone that didn't need a pick-up truck.

The pickup comes in handy on rare occassions but the most use I get out of it is when it snows. Surely the X5 could handle 3 inches of snow.... The increased interior seating and cargo volumn would be great in the s.a.v.