PDA

View Full Version : Leasing

lib
12-24-2001, 01:06 PM
I'd like to give an independent leasing agency a go.. I spoke to my rep where my company does its corporate leasing, and unfortunately they don't do car leases anymore.

I had spoken to this place last year, and the only issue was with my trade-in.. they would have sent someone out to appraise my car. That puts me off, but I don't necessarily have to trade my car in (better off selling it to someone myself).

So my question is, can anyone make some recommendations for a leasing agent.. location isnt supposed to be important, but I'd probably take delivery in Connecticut.

My other question is.. who does the communicating with the dealer regarding the price of the car? My agent last year found the car for me, but then just came back to me "Okay.. I found what you're looking for, and we can lease it to you for $439/mo". I really don't like haggling for monthly prices, but it is a lease.

Please don't flame me for leasing. For business use, its ideal to lease imho.

Imola Ed
12-24-2001, 01:36 PM
I've leased the last 4 cars of mine. Since I usually trade every 2-3 years, it saves a lot of cash. This time might be different though, as I plan to modify my M3 in various ways. We'll see!

lib
12-24-2001, 01:54 PM
who do you lease from? did you go through bmw?

Imola Ed
12-24-2001, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by lib
who do you lease from? did you go through bmw?

Yeah, mostly because it was the most convienient. My current car was my 3rd lease with them.