PDA

View Full Version : Tire Replacement & Lease End

bblank
01-26-2008, 05:21 AM
Good morning all,

My mom is planning on replacing her MXV4 Tires that came on her 2005 X5 3.0 with just over 6 months left on her lease. Looking at going with the new Fortera Triple Treads in 235/65/17, which is the standard size. Will BMW have any problem taking these at the end of the lease?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

-BB

da geez
01-26-2008, 06:24 AM
I've never returned a lease to BMW, but did return a Jeep from lease once. If the dealer considers the tires to be equal to OE, it will fly. Otherwise, the dealer will charge you for new tires. I'd ask the dealer. You could end up paying for new tires twice.

Bruin72
01-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Good morning all,

My mom is planning on replacing her MXV4 Tires that came on her 2005 X5 3.0 with just over 6 months left on her lease. Looking at going with the new Fortera Triple Treads in 235/65/17, which is the standard size. Will BMW have any problem taking these at the end of the lease?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

-BB
With three months left on my lease, I replaced the MXV4 tires on my 2005 X5 3.0 with a used set of Bridgestones. I had no problem at the turn-in inspection. As long as the new set is the same size, has the same speed rating and has at lease 4/32 tread you should be fine.

BobbFtL
01-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I've never returned a lease to BMW, but did return a Jeep from lease once. If the dealer considers the tires to be equal to OE, it will fly. Otherwise, the dealer will charge you for new tires. I'd ask the dealer. You could end up paying for new tires twice.

The dealer has no say-so in such things. It is between you and BMW Financial. A dealer can tell you it is fine, and BMW Finance can still bill you. You DO NOT have to turn in the vehicle with new tires. There are plenty of tire stores that sell used tires. As long as they are of similar quality, and all match, used tires are fine as long as they have enough tread left.

JoeS-CA
01-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Just make sure they are BMW approved tires. You can tell if they are approved tire by looking for a star symbol on the sidewall.
If your Mom is getting into another BMW, most dealers will let the tires slide (no pun intended)

Best Regards,
JoeS