PDA

View Full Version : X3 - European Delivery

navanev
01-26-2008, 11:05 AM
I am planning to place the order, what is the guideline for the pricing and negotiation, how to start

dspeed
01-26-2008, 03:24 PM
The ED forum here is a great resource. Most of your answers are in the stickies there.

I went through Costco and had no problems; $x over invoice. I faxed them my list of options and we agreed to the penny. Just took redelivery last week.

Dave

Skodacar
01-26-2008, 07:37 PM
DSpeed. You used Costco for an ED??

bretov
01-26-2008, 08:11 PM
can yopu please tell us about your expereince with Costco ED?

thank you in advance

AzNMpower32
01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
There is a sticky that lists the invoice prices, including ED.

Generally speaking, $800-1200 over invoice is a decent deal.

dspeed
01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Yes, I used Costco for an ED. No problem.

PM me for details.

Dave

murmur11
01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Whether you can go through Costco for an ED or not, it all depends on whom you are dealing with. Some dealers are more willing to deal but some are not. I would dig into the ED forum where you can find some 'ED friendly' dealers in your area and start from there.

guernsey
01-27-2008, 07:48 AM
After some negotiations with my local dealer I just signed the dotted line for $750 over invoice, plus the standard tax, title and registration fees as well as a more objectionable $399 "processing" fee. Still, it felt pretty good paying $38,667 out the door on a vehicle whose MSRP alone is $40,975. Use invoice instead of MSRP when negotiating, you'll have to do your homework beforehand and expand your search to dealers outside your area but it's worth it.

dspeed, if you don't mind my asking how much did you pay over invoice? where there any fees other than tax, title and registration? I'm a Costco member but I didn't realize they were an option, otherwise I would have looked into it. USAA has a similar car buying program but they go through a network of affiliated dealers so the lowest offer I got was $1,500 over invoice, and there was still a $400 or so processing fee charged by the dealer.

Lance Alot
01-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Costco? Wow, I didn't realize that was an option either for ED. I might have gone that route as well. I'm also curious on what kind of deal they gave you.

I found a dealer (Internet Manager) who gave me a deal for around $1K over invoice with no processing or other fees. He was also very familiar with ED, and he had recently done his own. BTW, I had originally gone to another dealer who's "final offer" was $500 under MSRP (i.e. - over $2K more expesnive than my purchase price). The CA also had no clue how ED really worked, and he wanted a $5K deposit just to order the car.

You can save big bucks by shopping around a little. Just remember to use invoice as your starting point, as the dealer will invariably try to base everything on MSRP.

kjboyd
01-27-2008, 09:42 AM
if you want to to ED, make sure you use the ED invoice, not the off the lot invoice.