PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Bmw X3 - Please Help

justinxyz
01-27-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm a Bimmer Newbie and I'm considering taking over the lease of a work associates 2006 BMW X3. It has 2 years left at $350/mon and about 800 miles/mon (which is ok since it would be my second car) It's fully loaded with the winter package sun roof , leather ect. and comes equipped with the 3.0 engine/auto transmission.

Pros/Cons??????

UncleJ
01-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Justin, can't speak to the lease but the car is fine. The '06 was the last 5 speed auto transmission and was quite troublefree all things considered. BMW also had two years to work out any problems with the X3. There were some early body parts issues with door seals, and sunroofs but I believe most were resolved but still could happen. My '06 has been trouble free for 27K and aside from the harsh ride on nasty roads and potholed streets has been a joy to drive. I don't lease, preferring to just buy outright since I have no write off for taxes any more. I do know that leases are complicated and taking over a lease is even moreso. I would certainly recommend getting professional help before you sign for anything, as I am sure you would have done anyway. One final thing, be sure your wife rides in the X3 over some nasty roads, potholed streets, and raised expansion joint freeways. She may not like it and that would end the deal right there!

X3CubsFan
01-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Pros: M54 engine; reliable (06) auto transmission; the 06 has the painted bumpers which look great; as a newbie, the X3 is lots of fun to drive.

Cons: ride can be a bit firm; lots of brake dust;

I have a 2006 with a 6-speed (my first BMW), and it is hands-down the best vehicle I've owned.

Good luck!

AzNMpower32
01-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Well, the options that matter are the xenons and I guess the sport package. Honestly, I could care less for the headlamp washers that come with the cold weather package, since they use huge amounts of washer fluid and you can't prevent them from squirting at night (they spray every 5 or so times).

FYI: moonroof was standard with the '06 and Automatic transmission is no-cost since 2006.

MC-X3
01-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I recently purchased on '06 manual with sport package etc.. This vehicle handles better then may sedans, including the TSX that I sold to buy this car.

Pros: great handling, good power, all wheel drive (I see you are in Michigan so it could be handy in winter).

Cons: not many since it would be a second car for you. Gas mileage isn't the best, but nothing in this class does.

crazybelgian
01-28-2008, 07:00 AM
I really love my 2006 X3, but due to a change in my financial situation I need to find someone to take over my lease...
Just as a comparison: I have 26,000 miles/ 20 months left on my lease and my monthly payment is 430 INcluding tax.
PM me if you're interested.
My car is Jet black with Terracotta leather and has the winter package(heated seats, heated steering wheel, ski hatch and headlight washers), panoramic sun roof, ...

Just noticed you are in Michigan as well, that would make things pretty easy.