PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Phones for X3 Bluetooth

dspeed
01-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Greetings!

Today I'm going to take a second run at getting my LG PM-325 cell phone to work with the X3.

I got it paired the other day with little problems, but it would not do a phonebook download (no big deal to me), but then I never quite figured out how to make it *do* anything, like make a call (the LG has voice dialing) or answer a call (I can do both w my Motorola BT headset.).

As I'm at the point of buying a new phone *anyhow* , I started to look for something on the BMW NA 'approved' list (and the vendor's list - a big mistake IMHO) and get even more confused. Sprint Sanyo 610 is listed, but al I have available (per Sprint web page) is the 510. I see multiple lists, but they don;t seem to agree on just what is compatible. I like the Motorola's, but it is unclear to me that the Sprint versions are compatible. May consider another carrier - will be free and clear in August <g>

I know Sprint is big on disabling features via software revs, so I figured that this is a good place to start. (For those of you who are interested, Google MotoDev - there is a lot of fun to be had with your Motorola phones ...).

Thanks.

Dave

MC-X3
01-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I use my motorola Razor with mine, the directory loaded but is rather useless. There is no direct access so you have to go alphabetically through your book, if you pause too long on a name it starts dialing. I never use it.

My phone also has voice dialing, doesn't work once connected to the X3. So I use the speed dial only to make calls.

HT417
01-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Since BMW doesn't find it necessary to include Voice Command instructions with their X3s, I've found this manual useful that a member named "sray" posted on another thread. The voice commands work but not the notepad, I don't have nav and haven't tried those.

I use an almost 3 year old black Motorola Razr V3 primarily with my X3 and have found that the Bluetooth on the phone will turn itself on and off automatically as I start/stop the car. I found that a very pleasant surprise since having Bluetooth always on normally drains its battery in a day.

Hope it helps.

vern
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Greetings!

Today I'm going to take a second run at getting my LG PM-325 cell phone to work with the X3.

I got it paired the other day with little problems, but it would not do a phonebook download (no big deal to me), but then I never quite figured out how to make it *do* anything, like make a call (the LG has voice dialing) or answer a call (I can do both w my Motorola BT headset.).

As I'm at the point of buying a new phone *anyhow* , I started to look for something on the BMW NA 'approved' list (and the vendor's list - a big mistake IMHO) and get even more confused. Sprint Sanyo 610 is listed, but al I have available (per Sprint web page) is the 510. I see multiple lists, but they don;t seem to agree on just what is compatible. I like the Motorola's, but it is unclear to me that the Sprint versions are compatible. May consider another carrier - will be free and clear in August <g>

I know Sprint is big on disabling features via software revs, so I figured that this is a good place to start. (For those of you who are interested, Google MotoDev - there is a lot of fun to be had with your Motorola phones ...).

Thanks.

Dave
Check your SAME POST.
cheers
vern

Coffeeman
01-28-2008, 09:12 AM
My Sprint Treo 755p work fine with the X3's bluetooth. Only numbers in "favorites" will transfer , however.