PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on 2006 CPO X3??

cth3
01-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Our local dealer is offering a CPO 2006 X3, FULLY loaded: leather, premium package, cold weather package (heated stearing wheel-yea!), premium stereo, xenon, servotronic, cargo net and more. Only accessory lacking is navigation (which we didn't want anyway). Mystic blue w/ sand interior. Just under 19,000 miles and they're asking $35,995. Would a starting offer of $34,000 be a good place to begin negotiations, or get us laughed off the lot? How much should we expect a BMW dealer to come down in price on a CPO in excellent condition?

Any pricing/negotiating tips would be much appreciated from this newbie--thanks for any help!

X3CubsFan
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM
You are a buyer in a buyers market. #1: Don't EVER be intimidated by a car salesman or be afraid to make any offer you feel is reasonable. #2: Do your research and determine the most $$ you are willing to pay for the vehicle and stick to it. (NEVER, EVER disclose this number to any sales person under any circumstance) Always start your negotiations at least $1500 below what you might be willing to pay. #3: Walk away!!. A very powerful tool. Don't let the dealer waste your time. Tell them you are leaving to look at used ML's, & FX's. #4 Pay cash, or get your financing approved ahead of time.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck! Don't be afraid to swim with the sharks. Believe me, they want to sell the car. Let them make more profit from the next buyer.

cth3
01-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks W3CubsFan for your thoughts about this! You've confirmed some of the things we've been thinking and provided some good new insights.

noego
01-27-2008, 04:50 PM
i've got an '06 equipped close to what you're describing and i'd start at $29k. our's is a really nice car, but it's two years old and not worth $36k.

MPBX3
01-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Sort of relevant.

We bought a CPO 2004 with 10,000 miles on it in Nov 05. The X3 was loaded except no Nav.

Anyway, they wanted $34,000. I offered $29,000. Of course they said no and I wouldn't move up a nickel. So we walked.

They called me the following week and asked if I could come up $1000. I said nope...My price is $29,000. They accepted as long as they had it off the lot by Monday (it was Sat). Ended up taking it off their hands Sat afternoon.

Low ball them a price, but be ready to walk and you'll do fine. :thumbup:

cth3
01-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks folks for all the good info! This is giving me much to think about.

ShakerGator
01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
In November we bought a near identical CPO 06 X3, same options & color combo with 20K miles for $29,500 + TTT.

Also has 18" wheels, OEM alarm, rear side airbags, and PDC. The internet price was $30995 originally.

Definitely come down a bunch off of their price. It's too high. Good luck with the search. Use BMW's CPO search to compare 2006's in your area.

cth3
01-28-2008, 04:54 AM
This is very enlightening. I'm glad I checked here with you guys first! Does it seem KBB and Edmunds are a bit high with their price estimates for CPOs? From what I'm hearing here, they seem a little inflated, although I suppose, YMMV.

Mystic1
01-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Our buyout at lease end was $25,700 on our 2005 X3 3.0i with Sport Pkg and Aero kit. Another $1500 for CPO. Could I have found a better price, probably, but we knew the entire history of the vehicle and BMW picked up the last 3 payments on the lease ($1500, and they did not roll it in the payments). I would think around $30K would be decent initial offer. Worse they could say is NO, and if they start negotiating from there, you are in business to talk them down. If they are firm, walk. If they still have the car in a week or two and don't call back, make the offer again and see what they say. Car salesmen are just trying to get the most out of what they sell (I can say this as I have sold cars before), but they have to try.

cth3
02-10-2008, 08:13 AM
THANKS so much to all who replied here! Because of your recommendations, I was able to negotiate the price down several thousand dollars last week and get some extras thrown in. We love the car (that is loaded with all the features we were looking for--and a few we didn't even know we wanted, like parking sensors and brand new Pirelli tires)! Our dog is doing great when he's in the X3, being contained with the partition net that was already installed in the back. And they installed an iPod jack for free and threw in matching all-weather BMW mats for the front and back!

All in all, I feel like we got a really fair deal for a CPO with only 18800 miles and I was much more confident in my price haggling thanks to the advice and info I'd gotten here from y'all!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Mystic1
02-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Congrats on the purchase.

Court M3
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
CONGRATS!! Post some pics of your new beauty.

jo-e90
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Our local dealer is offering a CPO 2006 X3, FULLY loaded: leather, premium package, cold weather package (heated stearing wheel-yea!), premium stereo, xenon, servotronic, cargo net and more. Only accessory lacking is navigation (which we didn't want anyway). Mystic blue w/ sand interior. Just under 19,000 miles and they're asking $35,995. Would a starting offer of $34,000 be a good place to begin negotiations, or get us laughed off the lot? How much should we expect a BMW dealer to come down in price on a CPO in excellent condition?

Any pricing/negotiating tips would be much appreciated from this newbie--thanks for any help!

FYI There is no such thing as a loaded X3. Does it have sport package with sport seats?

AzNMpower32
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Pics would be nice.......:D