PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Law Question

ericbell1
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM
All,

We purchased our 08 X3 (automatic) out of state and are experiencing the dreaded auto tranny issue. Should we eventually try and lemon law it, how will that work? Would we have to deal with the MD dealer where we purchased or the PA dealer where we get it serviced?

Since we bought out of state, does that somehow disqualify from the lemon law? I tried searching the net but was not able to find much in the way of lemon law info for purchases out of state. Let me be clear, we LOVE the X3 but would like it even better if it downshifted smoothly.

Thanks...

kjboyd
01-27-2008, 03:44 PM
the laws of PA should cover it. I would think.

HG132
01-31-2008, 02:39 PM
The lemon law is an overused and misunderstood term/statute. It is also a law that I am personally familiar with. Many years ago, I had a vehicle that was lemon-lawed. However, it took a long time to get the manufacture to buy back the car. Depending upon the state, your car has to be out of service for multiple times;"X" amount of days; for the SAME problem.

It is a long process. Each car stands alone, regardless of the X's tranny issue.

As I have heard from reps at BMW, you would be better served to deal with BMW directly. It doesn't always work; however, the lemon law is NOT easy.

Years ago, I decided to park the car that was bought back instead of driving it. I then bought another vehicle in the interim. It was financially costly. However, when you deal with lawyers and car manufacturers this can happen.