PDA

View Full Version : 2006 x5 question

Chagahan
01-28-2008, 12:07 AM
i am planning to buy an 05/06 x5 , is there any thing i need to be aware about these years x5's? any problems ? ALso this will be my first suv in my life so is there any package that you think a must?

thanks

GBPackerfan1963
01-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I haven't had any problems whatsoever. If you're interested in taking over the lease on my 2006 X5, let me know. There are pictures of it in My Garage.

pauljordantx
01-29-2008, 08:19 AM
We've had ours for about 15 months. No significant problems. Rear hatch needed an adjustment (wasn't opening on the first try every time). So far it's been pretty solid for us, about 13K miles of mainly city driving.

Chagahan
04-21-2008, 12:17 AM
At last i bought an 06 last week. I have a question though. I have premium package and nav, should I be able to control the nav zoom scale with voice. It seems voice commands only works for phone ?

thanks

MDT
04-22-2008, 05:57 AM
At last i bought an 06 last week. I have a question though. I have premium package and nav, should I be able to control the nav zoom scale with voice. It seems voice commands only works for phone ?

thanks

The 06 X5 did not come with voice command, other than for the telephone. I don't think it was an available option when I bought mine. I have read about adding the module to give it voice commands, but there was always some debate in the postings that I read about whether the voice command module would work with an 06 model. If it does, the upgrade seemed like a pretty easy thing to do - just plug the module into the harness in the back left compartment on the car.

In any event, enjoy your new X5.:thumbup:

movva929
05-01-2008, 09:13 AM

thanks

How much did you pay and what are the specks if you don't mind sharing the info as I am in the market trying to buy 2006 X5

Chagahan
05-09-2008, 09:10 PM
The 06 X5 did not come with voice command, other than for the telephone. I don't think it was an available option when I bought mine. I have read about adding the module to give it voice commands, but there was always some debate in the postings that I read about whether the voice command module would work with an 06 model. If it does, the upgrade seemed like a pretty easy thing to do - just plug the module into the harness in the back left compartment on the car.

In any event, enjoy your new X5.:thumbup:

THanks :rofl:. it is not that I will use but it sounds sexy. Any way phone is enough for me. I didnt have pp on my 330ci so i had no idea about bluetooth but on x5 i use it all the time, i love it.

Chagahan
05-09-2008, 09:10 PM
How much did you pay and what are the specks if you don't mind sharing the info as I am in the market trying to buy 2006 X5

sent you a pm