PDA

View Full Version : New BMW Survey

arcane
01-29-2008, 10:55 AM
We've had the X3 for almost 2 months, and still haven't had JD Power (or whoever BMW hires for the purpose) contact us about our purchase transaction and initial satisfaction with the car. What's the collective experience on this? OTOH, BMW (via the dealer and BMW Owners Circle) they know how we feel about the AT and the electronics, so maybe they've decided to skip us.

peoe2
01-29-2008, 10:59 AM
They will call you. Maybe they called and got your answering machine, from my experience they don't leave messages. They do lots of calls, for new sales, service surveys etc... so it may take them a bit of time.

Keep in mind that they will call you to rate your sales experience, not to rate the car.

Andrew*Debbie
01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
If you took European Delivery they won't call you. The call is mostly to rate the selling dealer.

There is no Customer Satisfaction Index bonus for ED. I'm not sure about diplomatic or military sales.

If you used BMW FS, they should have called you by now.

arcane
01-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Delivered here.

Another thing that bugs me is (pasted from Owners Circle website):

Owners' Manuals for the 2008 X3 currently not available on-line.

How long does THAT take?

Evlengr
01-29-2008, 11:27 AM
They will call you. Maybe they called and got your answering machine, from my experience they don't leave messages. They do lots of calls, for new sales, service surveys etc... so it may take them a bit of time.

Keep in mind that they will call you to rate your sales experience, not to rate the car.

They did not call me, but they did send a 20 plus page paper on rating the car.

When I did not respond since it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long , they sent an email with a link to respond. The minute I admitted being part of the media they said I was not appilcable.

JD Powers is like many of these services biased, since they pick and choose who reports.

It shouldn't matter who I work for...I bought the car just like everyone else.

Andrew*Debbie
01-29-2008, 01:11 PM
In that case you should have been called BMW NA for a Customer Satisfaction Survey. Maybe they couldn't get you on the phone and sent it by mail. It is also possible BMW NA doesn't have correct contact information for you.
If there is something you aren't happy about, you could try calling BMW NA customer service and let them know.

J.D. Power uses samples. They don't call every new car owner. They've never contacted us.
http://www.jdpower.com/

Do you need a copy of the owner's manual? I can get you a .pdf of the '07 manual. There are very few differences from '07 to '08.

STE92VE
01-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Owners' Manuals for the 2008 X3 currently not available on-line.

How long does THAT take?

Do you need a copy of the owner's manual? I can get you a .pdf of the '07 manual. There are very few differences from '07 to '08.

The 2007 OM is available on the OC.

HG132
01-31-2008, 01:42 PM
JD sent a paper survey in August for the X.

They sent nothing after the lease went through for the xi.