PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Bimmerfest 03

BoostedE21
04-12-2003, 07:33 PM
I LOVED IT!..it was such a wonderful day and the events was AWSOME!!! I again had the time of my life..so when is bimmerfest 2004?:rofl: :thumbup:

And a big thanx to Jon and everyone that put this together!:bow:

mwette
04-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Yes, it was quite an event. The trip up from LA was a blast. It was really fun to talk tech stuff with the vendor and owners.

Many thanks to the Cutter folks for hosting!

Below is a shot from the caravan roundup at Balboa Park.

Hobbes
04-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Most fun I've had in a while! :thumbup:

Hats off to Jon, Cutter, the vendors and all of the people who showed up.

Many thanks again for the fun time. :thumbup:

Emission
04-12-2003, 10:02 PM
As usual, it was a blast. Weather was nice. Partly cloudy with temps in the mid-60's.

We need to see some pics of the 175+ car drive up the coast!

Thanks Jon!

car_for_mom
04-12-2003, 10:07 PM
I had a really great time at my very first Bimmerfest, and I got to meet the famous Jon Shafer in person (a very, very nice guy! :thumbup: ) A big thank you to Jon and Cutter (I noticed the other dealers giving Cutter the "evil eye", though! :rofl: )

I was afraid of being intimidated, since I only bought my very first Bimmer last December - but everyone answered my questions in such a friendly and knowledgeable fashion. I found out what the bar I've seen on engines is about (to give more stability), why you want to cool air to an engine (hot air is bad). I found out about tires, rims, invisible shields - so much!

The Meguiar's lady was very nice - she even gave me a bottle of the Quick Detailer!

And - the cars! Such impressive modifications - stereo systems that looked like the bridge of the Enterprise :bigpimp:, all kinds of modifications - sway bars, exhausts, etc, etc!

The Road Rally was cool, although I confess to some hyperventilation on some of the mountain passes (I'm really, really, really, did I say, really scared of heights! :yikes: ) I thought everyone was pretty well behaved! :angel:

BMWFAN1
04-12-2003, 10:21 PM
The weather worked out great!

The clinics were cool.

Way more vendors this year!

Way more E46 M3's this year!

The food was better and lasted longer last year or too many people showed up this time. But if you didn't like sausage or hot dog you were a bit out of luck...but hey for free don't complain!

The road rally course is real nice but it took a while to finish it this time..CHP didn't help!

There were a few cute girls I noticed...I think I got one in blue in my pics somewhere...anyone else should post the pictures of the chicks. I guess if you want chicks go to a strip club, but I like chicks into cars!

Thanks Jon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doeboy
04-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by car_for_mom
The Road Rally was cool, although I confess to some hyperventilation on some of the mountain passes (I'm really, really, really, did I say, really scared of heights! :yikes: ) I thought everyone was pretty well behaved! :angel:

Mostly everyone.... I remember hearing the CHP report of a 23109 of a few BMWs on on my scanner right after we left Los Olivos. I remember thinking "uhoh... here we go.... :rolleyes: :tsk:"

Then I pass this "Vista Point" and a bunch of guys standing there waving..... then I think... "wait... one of them is a cop.... (he wasn't waving)"

when I got back, I heard that was the group that got stopped by the CHP... but I'm not certain... :dunno:

Kaz
04-12-2003, 11:16 PM
I guess a bunch of people are still in SB partying or something. I've been operating on 4 hours of sleep and having been sick the last week certainly didn't help.

Once again, Jon and the Cutter Crew did a fantastic job! Overall turnout was about the same if not slightly better than last year, but I think things were a bit less chaotic (with the possible exception of the rally).

Best of all, it was great to see people I haven't seen since last year, as well as meet many (especially board regulars) for the first time. As someone was saying sometime during the morning, cars you see every day. It's the people you you want to meet.

Looking forward to next year!

doeboy
04-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BMWFAN1
There were a few cute girls I noticed...I think I got one in blue in my pics somewhere...anyone else should post the pictures of the chicks. I guess if you want chicks go to a strip club, but I like chicks into cars!

Chicks that dig cars rule! :thumbup: Especially ones that can drive well on the track.... :D

munchdown
04-13-2003, 12:19 AM
a big thank you to Jon and Cutter motors for a terrific fest. it was my first and i plan to go to many more. The vendors were just too cool. and so much free stuff. props to everyone who attended, every one was nice and helpful, even my girl (who is hard to please) said everyone was nice and she had a good time. Once again a big thanks to Cutter and Jon, the fest was well organized and you guys really put on a good event. see you next year.

jgrgnt
04-13-2003, 12:41 AM
This was my first Bimmerfest and I had a blast. The caravan meet at Balboa Park was awesome, as was the road rally. So what's the deal with the CHP "roundup" near Lake Cachuma? Did the group really get pulled over? Everyone seemed pretty upbeat when we drove past.

Anyway, I enjoyed meeting everyone; I always read your posts, but I never had faces to go with the screen names until today. :) Many thanks to Jon Shafer and the Cutter team for putting together a spectacular event. The food was quite tasty, as well.

Michael

P.S. By the way, I am the only one without an M3? :yikes: ;)

doeboy
04-13-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by jgrgnt
So what's the deal with the CHP "roundup" near Lake Cachuma? Did the group really get pulled over? Everyone seemed pretty upbeat when we drove past.

I dunno... they were defintely called to check out some Bimmers that were suspected of "Exhibition of Speed" though.... when I passed by the group, everyone was waving except for the CHP guy who looked like he was thinking "dang... what the heck is going on here...."

Anyway, I enjoyed meeting everyone; I always read your posts, but I never had a face to go with the screen name until today. :) Many thanks to Jon Shaffer and the Cutter team for putting together a spectacular event. The food was quite tasty, as well.

Yes... thanks to Jon and the Cutters for making this possible! All in all a beautiful day. The food was very tasty... and at an excellent price too! hehe

P.S. By the way, I am the only one without an M3? :yikes: ;)

:hi: right here man.... I felt the same way... I was a lowly 330ci in a sea of M3s..... :eeps: but hey.... I look at it this way.... it makes us non M drivers "different" as opposed to "lemmings" :D

(no offense to all the M drivers... just my way of lookin at it... hehe)

LordGop
04-13-2003, 01:07 AM
It was my first fest and I had a blast! It was more then I could have asked for and was everthing I excepted. All the hard work by Jon and the Cutter crew really paided off, and I thank them very much!

The Road rally was just great! I loved it and having a radio made it wwaayyy easier to know what was going on for a 1st timer. Thanks Jon and the Cutter Crew for a Wonderful BimmerFest!!:)

Mdk330i
04-13-2003, 01:16 AM
I had a great time!! It was awesome actually meeting the people that we talk to everyday. Driving up from LA with about 10 other Bimmers and one Neon (the guys from Washington) was a lot of fun. Although I didn't get to drive in the road ralley in my own car, I got to ride along in an M3 for the first time (thanks Jim). I think that was the best part. Look forward to next year.
Thanks Jon and Cutter Motors! Keep up the good work.

roxnadz
04-13-2003, 01:39 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doeboy
[B]I dunno... they were defintely called to check out some Bimmers that were suspected of "Exhibition of Speed" though.... when I passed by the group, everyone was waving except for the CHP guy who looked like he was thinking "dang... what the heck is going on here...."

:rofl:

Hahaha...no, none of us was in trouble. In fact, you guys were probably in more trouble than we were :D :nono:

Basically, we were all doing the reverse run, and decided to pull into the vista point. Every car there was an E39 except for maybe three...so we decided to do a group photo. After we had taken like 500 pictures, we decided to wait until the regular caravan showed up. While we were waiting, a CHP cruiser pulls up. At first everybody was like "ohhhh ****" but then he just pulls up and starts talking with us all. Oh, get this, he pulls further into the lot and then does a burnout! :yikes: Left a nice patch of rubber on the concrete. :bigpimp:

After that, he gets out and starts talking about a buncha stuff. He popped the hood on his Crown Vic and let us look at the big V8. He even did traffic duty for a moment, holding the convoy of cars so that a few in the vista point could leave. We tried to goad him into standing there with his radar gun but he refused, said it would likely cause an accident. I wouldn't disagree with that theory.

Turns out he owns 4 BMWs - two E21s, an E30 M3 and and E36 325i. He and everyone else in the CHP hates the new Camaros, he thinks they're crap. They're looking at the new Goat as a possible replacement high-speed vehicle. He really liked everybody's cars, especially the modded ones, but he was probably not waving at you guys because some of you were *ahem* exhibiting speed unnecessarily. :nono:

Despite that, no tickets were written and no warnings were given. Overall he was a really nice guy; I was thoroughly surprised. He definitely changed my (somewhat dim) view of the CHP and police overall. Now here's hoping neither he nor his coworkers pulls me over on the way home tomorrow! :D :bigpimp:

It was a really fun time. I have tons of pics, but they will have to wait until I am on a decent connection to post here.

jgrgnt
04-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by doeboy
:hi: right here man.... I felt the same way... I was a lowly 330ci in a sea of M3s..... :eeps: but hey.... I look at it this way.... it makes us non M drivers "different" as opposed to "lemmings" :D

(no offense to all the M drivers... just my way of lookin at it... hehe)

Hehe, yeah, for once the non-M drivers were the minority. :lmao:

Stuka
04-13-2003, 02:02 AM
Mostly everyone.... I remember hearing the CHP report of a 23109 of a few BMWs on on my scanner right after we left Los Olivos. I remember thinking "uhoh... here we go.... :rolleyes: :tsk:

23109?:yikes: I hope no one got written up for that. That is just as bad as 23103, aka, reckless driving.:eeps: :angel:

So how fast did most people go to get to Cutter from LA? Was any speed record set?

Scanner eh, would you mind showing this setup to moi? I am very much interested in adding this to my arsenal of ECM in the Stuka.:thumbup: :angel:

Please?:angel: :bigpimp:

xs3x
04-13-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by roxnadz
[B]I dunno... they were defintely called to check out some Bimmers that were suspected of "Exhibition of Speed" though.... when I passed by the group, everyone was waving except for the CHP guy who looked like he was thinking "dang... what the heck is going on here...."

Hahaha...no, none of us was in trouble. In fact, you guys were probably in more trouble than we were :D :nono:

Basically, we were all doing the reverse run, and decided to pull into the vista point. Every car there was an E39 except for maybe three...so we decided to do a group photo. After we had taken like 500 pictures, we decided to wait until the regular caravan showed up. While we were waiting, a CHP cruiser pulls up. At first everybody was like "ohhhh ****" but then he just pulls up and starts talking with us all. Oh, get this, he pulls further into the lot and then does a burnout! :yikes: Left a nice patch of rubber on the concrete. :bigpimp:

After that, he gets out and starts talking about a buncha stuff. He popped the hood on his Crown Vic and let us look at the big V8. He even did traffic duty for a moment, holding the convoy of cars so that a few in the vista point could leave. We tried to goad him into standing there with his radar gun but he refused, said it would likely cause an accident. I wouldn't disagree with that theory.

Turns out he owns 4 BMWs - two E21s, an E30 M3 and and E36 325i. He and everyone else in the CHP hates the new Camaros, he thinks they're crap. They're looking at the new Goat as a possible replacement high-speed vehicle. He really liked everybody's cars, especially the modded ones, but he was probably not waving at you guys because some of you were *ahem* exhibiting speed unnecessarily. :nono:

Despite that, no tickets were written and no warnings were given. Overall he was a really nice guy; I was thoroughly surprised. He definitely changed my (somewhat dim) view of the CHP and police overall. Now here's hoping neither he nor his coworkers pulls me over on the way home tomorrow! :D :bigpimp:

It was a really fun time. I have tons of pics, but they will have to wait until I am on a decent connection to post here.

:thumbup:

doeboy
04-13-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by roxnadz

Not I.... but definitely some in the road rally....

that's really great to hear that the officer was cool about everything... even better that he's a Bimmer nut and "hates their Camaros" :rofl:

now I wonder who was actually pulled over....

328bimma
04-13-2003, 02:11 AM
MORE FOOD NEXt YEAAR!!! the hot dogs ran out right when its our term. and.... the hamburgers were long gone.... :cry:
other than that.... ANOTHER GREAT YEAR OF BIMMERFEST!

Jerry

xs3x
04-13-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by 328bimma
MORE FOOD NEXt YEAAR!!! the hot dogs ran out right when its our term. and.... the hamburgers were long gone.... :cry:

Jerry

you mean when its our turn to eat.:p

doeboy
04-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Stuka
23109?:yikes: I hope no one got written up for that. That is just as bad as 23103, aka, reckless driving.:eeps: :angel:

So how fast did most people go to get to Cutter from LA? Was any speed record set?

Scanner eh, would you mind showing this setup to moi? I am very much interested in adding this to my arsenal of ECM in the Stuka.:thumbup: :angel:

Please?:angel: :bigpimp:

Not sure... I only heard that some guys got pulled over... besides hearing the report of 23109 on my scanner.... if no one got pulled over, they were definitely lookin for somebody...

Dunno about the speed record... I came up by myself....

hahaha.... I've had that scanner for ages.... got it when I was driving to and from El Segundo everyday.... it helped me plan alternate routes due to traffic jams and stuff many times... a few times on my way home, there were some pursuits... and I could hear in real time pretty much where they were and where they were heading....

I came to be fairly familiar with CHP radio codes and the more common CVC articles because of this... hehe

remind me to bring it with me if you go to the next Tech session or something.... heh...

one of the guys that came down with the Seattle folks had the same scanner in his car....

EDIT: oh yeah.... it was quite amusing looking at all the funny looks when I went to Vegas and drove up the strip with my windows down and the Scanner volume all the way up... :rofl:

doeboy
04-13-2003, 02:25 AM

Jerry

There were burgers too? :cry: :p

Spectre
04-13-2003, 09:29 AM
I don't remember burgers. Just a couple of different kinds of sausage (who's accusing the BMW crowd of being into "same sausage, different length"? :rofl: ).

Yes, it was a great time. My first Bimmerfest and I had a great time. Finally got to put some faces with the names. I'll post pictures later today. I'll shot a lot of video. Any idea if/how I should post it? I shot video of the road rally from the Gaviota rest stop and as the crew was coming down 154.

Thanks Jon, everyone at Cutter, and the vendors. It was a wonderful event. And a special thanks to Julio Limon who was demoing the E46 alarm install. I got a lot of good information from that demo and that'll probably be my first DIY mod when I actually get the car stateside. :thumbup:

-Peter

BoostedE21
04-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Now the people that taped it, are they going to post them or what? Cause I want to see the ones where all the cars drive by.

The HACK
04-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Man, I just crashed when I got home at 9:00pm last night...Slept through until this morning. In fact I just woke up and showered.

Again, Jon ROCKS. I will be buying my BMW from Cutter from now on, the roads and scenaries around S.B is just simply amazing and it'd certainly be worth the trek up to pick up a bimmer.

A few thoughts: It was great seeing the Seattle crowd, meeting in_d_haus (didn't have a chance last year), meeting JonM again, and meeting RKT BMR. Saw Kempe for the first time in 2 years. Met up with a whole bunch of guys that I usually hang around with at SCTS, met up with a whole bunch of vendors. Leif made an appearance.

I want to know, if anyone took picutres of Ceanna (skinny, young brunette handing out A-OK raffle tickets) so we can finally post pictures of her for NickK. :thumbup: All I can say is, I finally understood his obsession...Damn she has a nice set of Xenons.

KnightRider
04-13-2003, 12:47 PM
I had an awesome time, and the food was excellent. I was disappointed that I had to leave early and couldnt participate in the road rally, but nonetheless, it was really fun. I look forward to next year's bimmerfest.

btw, there were 2 hot chicks that was working, some persian girl and a hot brunette. which one are you guys talking about? cuz they were both hot! :yikes:

The HACK
04-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by KnightRider
I had an awesome time, and the food was excellent. I was disappointed that I had to leave early and couldnt participate in the road rally, but nonetheless, it was really fun. I look forward to next year's bimmerfest.

btw, there were 2 hot chicks that was working, some persian girl and a hot brunette. which one are you guys talking about? cuz they were both hot! :yikes:

Read through this thread, and you'll understand.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6055&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

She's the shorter, younger one of the two ladies working raffles.

Spectre
04-13-2003, 01:39 PM
I didn't get a good shot of her, but here's what I have: A-OK tickets (http://yee.best.vwh.net/bimmerfest2003/CIMG0017.jpg)!

-Peter

The HACK
04-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Spectre
I didn't get a good shot of her, but here's what I have: A-OK tickets (http://yee.best.vwh.net/bimmerfest2003/CIMG0017.jpg)!

-Peter

Again with the @ss shots. :rolleyes: :D :angel:

KnightRider
04-13-2003, 03:21 PM
god... they were both hot! :p the shorter one was cuter... and uhh closer to my height :eeps:

doeboy
04-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Spectre

-Peter

Uh... where's that drool emoticon.... :eeps:

:lmao: :rofl: :p

Beemin 323
04-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Checkout Specture pic....

The girl on the left with the black pants, Lily i met her one night at a bar, very cool girl. i talked to her for a bit at the fest. Jon help me out on this one, BF or not. i guess i'll have to go to the parts dept and buy something.

Hey who saw the girls in the e46 m3 with acs rims??? They were smokin Hot.

Chad

doeboy
04-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Beemin 323
Hey who saw the girls in the e46 m3 with acs rims??? They were smokin Hot.

:hi: I saw! I saw! They were right in front of me for a while.... :D

Jon Shafer
04-13-2003, 09:59 PM

:hi: I saw! I saw! They were right in front of me for a while.... :D

If you are talking about the Carbon Black ACS M3 Cab,
you are taking about "Samantha", one of our very own
Bimmerfest.com members. That was the car that was
originally owned by Orangemarlin (that I drove in the
Road Rally last year).

Lily was the girl with Ceanna selling raffle tickets.
AFAIK, she has a BF.

Roadsterwench
04-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Stuka

LOL, I WISH!!! It took me just about 4 hours -- yes, 4 hours to get to Santa Barbara from Irvine, leaving at 1:00 pm. The transition from the 405 to the 101 was dreadful, the construction on the 101 near Ventura was also no fun, and traffic coming into the Santa Barbara area was the icing on the cake :mad:

Then, going home on Saturday it took me another 3 hours. Stop and go on the 405 all the way from the 101 to the 105 :bawling:

Jon Shafer
04-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Roadsterwench, it was nice meeting you!

Your Z3 (with that custom LeatherZ interior) was great...

You dog was really cute too.

Is it the same breed as "Toto" from the Wizard of Oz?

segal3
04-13-2003, 10:03 PM
I took 101 all the way to my house (Calabasas, Parkway Calabasas exit, right before Topanga Canyon)...~70mi...I did it in about 50min-1hr

~Matt Segal

doeboy
04-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
If you are talking about the Carbon Black ACS M3 Cab,
you are taking about "Samantha", one of our very own
Bimmerfest.com members. That was the car that was
originally owned by Orangemarlin (that I drove in the
Road Rally last year).

Lily was the girl with Ceanna selling raffle tickets.
AFAIK, she has a BF.

doh! too bad Chad! (hey... that rhymed.... :eeps: )

Is "Samantha" her real name as well as her handle? I remember her yelling at someone to pick up some trash they thew on the ground at the Los Olivos area... :dunno:

Roadsterwench
04-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Roadsterwench, it was nice meeting you!

Your Z3 (with that custom LeatherZ interior) was great...

You dog was really cute too.

Is it the same breed as "Toto" from the Wizard of Oz?

Nice to meet you, to Jon. I had a great time; just the driving part was a pain. I like driving, but not bumper-to-bumper. I loved seeing all the BMW's, especially the roadsters :D

And of course it's fun to show off one's own car, and cute puppy. By the way, she's a Pyrenean Shepherd (as in the Pyrenees, in France). I don't know what Toto is :dunno:

Thanks for all your hard work in putting together a great event! I hope Cutter's facility didn't take too much of a beating. I know my puppy was well-behaved -- the only thing she caused damaged to were some tasty Cutter sticks she found among the shrubs :angel:

I doubt I'll be able to make it next year -- unless you can take a special request and make bimmerfest coincide with UT Austin's Spring Break. But maybe the year after that, if I can get a permanent job in So. Cal. If you know any chairmen of philosophy departments or deans of law schools in So. Cal., feel free to hook me up:bigpimp:

Spectre
04-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by The HACK

And a very nice @ss it is! :thumbup:

-Peter

Raffi
04-14-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by The HACK

And that's ScottN2Retro's slightly larger @ss next to her... :p ;) :angel:

Mdk330i
04-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Raffi

Ha ha! I noticed that too.
BTW, thanks for the hat Scott. I wonder if I will see other bimmerfest members sporting there hat around LA. I'm going to make it my most frequently worn hat and hopefully will see other members around town.

car_for_mom
04-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Roadsterwench
LOL, I WISH!!! It took me just about 4 hours -- yes, 4 hours to get to Santa Barbara from Irvine, leaving at 1:00 pm. The transition from the 405 to the 101 was dreadful, the construction on the 101 near Ventura was also no fun, and traffic coming into the Santa Barbara area was the icing on the cake :mad:

Then, going home on Saturday it took me another 3 hours. Stop and go on the 405 all the way from the 101 to the 105 :bawling:

It was nice meeting you Roadsterwench, and everyone else (especially Jon!) - I had a few people say to me, "oh, you must be 'car_for_mom!"; others instantly recognized my screen name as soon as I said it.

I met quite a few folks from Loyola Marymount; I was wearing an LMU shirt!

Yep, Roadsterwench, it was stop and go on the 101 all the way to the 134; lots o' folks on the 210 East all the way to the 71 South for me! Man, I wish the 210 had a FastTrak Lane (the only way to fly, er, drive to the People's Republic of Irvine from the 91! :D )

KEVlN
04-14-2003, 07:21 AM
my thoughts on bimmerfest o3 was that i should have actually woken up and gone to it. :(

RKT BMR
04-14-2003, 08:15 AM
I dunno... they were defintely called to check out some Bimmers that were suspected of "Exhibition of Speed" though.... when I passed by the group, everyone was waving except for the CHP guy who looked like he was thinking "dang... what the heck is going on here...."Well, they must have been workin' him, 'cause when we passed him he was smiling, waving, and giving the thumbs up :) right here man.... I felt the same way... I was a lowly 330ci in a sea of M3s..... :eeps: but hey.... I look at it this way.... it makes us non M drivers "different" as opposed to "lemmings" :DDoe, all you need is a blower. Puts the M3's in a diferent light, and gives you the added cachet of having a "sleeper car" :D

This was my third fest, and it was the best! With 170 cars, the rally is getting a bit ungainly, but it was still fun. The portion of the event at Cutter was extraordinary :thumbup:

From a driving perspective, the Bay Bimmerz caravan from the SF Bay Area was killer. 32 bimmers, 3's, 5's, 7's, all snaking down 101 in a coordinated fashion (we had radios and radar detectors all up and down the line), cruising at 90-100 for some good long, straight stretches... Truly the ultimate driving experience with the ultimate driving machine and the ultimate driving buddies :thumbup: :thumbup:

Finally though, the best part of the whole weekend was meeting my online buds... Haus, LeatherZ, ScottN2Retro, Cliff3, Steve, Dave, Janine, Kim, Kaz, Hack, Plaz, Doeboy, Raffi, Roadsterwench, and so many others!

bimmerfest.com simply puts Roadrash, er, ToadFly, er, whatever the heck that other board is called, to shame.

Viva la Bimmerfest!

Dave 330i
04-14-2003, 08:37 AM

Jerry

Maybe next year Jon could hand out meal tickets so the stragglers cannot take advantage of the food?

scottn2retro
04-14-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Raffi

Just slightly? :p First time I saw that pic, I didn't even notice I was in the shot :D

Highlight of the morning - being attended to by 3 of the lovely ladies at Cutter :bigpimp:

For my trip home, I bypassed the 101/405 and took Topanga Canyon on a night run and had fun pulling off to the side, letting this Integra type R go out a ways and then reeling him in (but being the trail car, I was at a huge advantage at night once I had him in view). But still fun. :)

Anybody have an estimate on the number of cars in the road rally?

chpahoy
04-14-2003, 11:37 AM
This is my maiden voyage on this site so bear with me. I just want the 5 series contingency to know that I really enjoyed their hospitality at the Vista Point. When I showed up in the black/white I (like them) didn't know what to expect but once we got to talking about BMW's we had a great time. Regarding the scanner traffic and the CHP "looking" for you guys, not true. It was more for our info. We have had problems in the past (100+ speeds) but none that I know of this time around. At the end of the run by the 3 series guys, I again got to meet some nice folks who happened to pull into the Vista Point. The EVOsport guys were great, Dan (unknown last name) with the Supercharged M5 revving to about 10 grand! was entertaining, as were all the people who welcomed me. Thanks for making my work day enjoyable and I look forward to being a participant with one of my 4 BMW's next year!

The HACK
04-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by chpahoy
This is my maiden voyage on this site so bear with me. I just want the 5 series contingency to know that I really enjoyed their hospitality at the Vista Point. When I showed up in the black/white I (like them) didn't know what to expect but once we got to talking about BMW's we had a great time. Regarding the scanner traffic and the CHP "looking" for you guys, not true. It was more for our info. We have had problems in the past (100+ speeds) but none that I know of this time around. At the end of the run by the 3 series guys, I again got to meet some nice folks who happened to pull into the Vista Point. The EVOsport guys were great, Dan (unknown last name) with the Supercharged M5 revving to about 10 grand! was entertaining, as were all the people who welcomed me. Thanks for making my work day enjoyable and I look forward to being a participant with one of my 4 BMW's next year!

Hey, maybe next year you can stop by and be our official ESCORT! :thumbup:

Glad to see no one got busted by the authorities...:eeps:

king of trolls
04-14-2003, 12:02 PM
I had a great time Jon, very cool event. Very well organized. Too bad the food ran out when i finnally made it to the front of the line, after waiting for an hour :cry: , but no worries, we redeemed ourselves at Fatburger later that afternoon. All in all, the cars were very nice. It was nice to meet your wife, and kids. Very nice family. :thumbup:

RKT BMR
04-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by chpahoy
This is my maiden voyage on this site so bear with me. I just want the 5 series contingency to know that I really enjoyed their hospitality at the Vista Point. When I showed up in the black/white I (like them) didn't know what to expect but once we got to talking about BMW's we had a great time. Regarding the scanner traffic and the CHP "looking" for you guys, not true. It was more for our info. We have had problems in the past (100+ speeds) but none that I know of this time around. At the end of the run by the 3 series guys, I again got to meet some nice folks who happened to pull into the Vista Point. The EVOsport guys were great, Dan (unknown last name) with the Supercharged M5 revving to about 10 grand! was entertaining, as were all the people who welcomed me. Thanks for making my work day enjoyable and I look forward to being a participant with one of my 4 BMW's next year! Great to have you aboard! For the record, when I passed by you and the crowd, it sure looked to me like some good "community policing", not opression by "the man" ;) You all seemed to be having a genuine good time.

And you're absolutely right -- in past years we have had a few hotrods that have risked things for the entire crowd, but this year people stayed sane and we kept reasonable order. No one exceeded the speed limit by more than a fe MPH here and there, and everyone had fun.

Please stick around and become part of the community. Encourage some of your coworker buddies too... I have several friend swho are law enforcement, and their great people. The biggest problem the public has is insufficient opportunities for positive encounters -- bimmerfest.com is a great place to have some!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

gogo_ggman
04-14-2003, 12:17 PM
I did not like the fact that there where no three X tee shirts or bimmerfest shirts (big guys drive bimmers too):dunno: :bawling: :thumbdwn: NOT COOL MAN

scottn2retro
04-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by gogo_ggman
I did not like the fact that there where no three X tee shirts or bimmerfest shirts (big guys drive bimmers too):dunno: :bawling: :thumbdwn: NOT COOL MAN

Easy ggman. XXXLs were availble to be pre-ordered (there is something like a dollar or two more for XXL and above) and once it is set up for open orders from everyone, David will be able to hook you up. :thumbup:

Welcome aboard chpahoy! :) (btw, my brother is a policeman)

krispykreme
04-14-2003, 12:53 PM
chapboy,

that's DanB you are talking to.

His car is amazing when pushed. It's a Dinan's 540i S/C kit with 8.5lb of boost. I believe he dyno the car at 370bhp at wheel.

From personal experience, his car would kill M5 easily.

doeboy
04-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by RKT BMR
Doe, all you need is a blower. Puts the M3's in a diferent light, and gives you the added cachet of having a "sleeper car" :D

:eeps: soo tempting.... your S/C is soo quiet... truly a sleeper. :thumbup:

How long have you had it? Have you had to rebuild the blower yet?

Finally though, the best part of the whole weekend was meeting my online buds... Haus, LeatherZ, ScottN2Retro, Cliff3, Steve, Dave, Janine, Kim, Kaz, Hack, Plaz, Doeboy, Raffi, Roadsterwench, and so many others!

:thumbup: It was nice meeting you too, and all the other people I've never met. :D

sexy clk m3 grl
04-14-2003, 10:07 PM
hi..i thought bimmerfest was hella fun. i loved seeing all the cars there~

jk330i
04-14-2003, 11:57 PM
hi sexy :)

Mdk330i
04-15-2003, 12:06 AM
RKT BMR, sweet car you have. I enjoyed your stories about the install. I really like the sand interior.

munchdown
04-15-2003, 12:59 PM
trying to remember who it was i gave a battery to for your camera. you were in front of me with a 330 conv. i was behind you in the white conv. forgot your handle and just wanted to say nice meeting you and everyone else. also wanting to know the name of the dude in a ob blue 330 conv. that met up at balboa park. another cool dude

Cliff
04-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by KnightRider

If you were my age, then you'd up that count to 3 hot chicks working the raffle counter, of which two are a bit on the young side for me (but I sure as heck enjoyed looking). :p

Jon, you put on a heck of a party. :thumbup: I had a terrific time meeting, hanging out, and driving with the folks from this site. :D

KnightRider
04-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Cliff3
If you were my age, then you'd up that count to 3 hot chicks working the raffle counter, of which two are a bit on the young side for me (but I sure as heck enjoyed looking). :p

Jon, you put on a heck of a party. :thumbup: I had a terrific time meeting, hanging out, and driving with the folks from this site. :D

haha, the other female was out of my age range, but definately a very fine specimen for her age. and a very shapely toned body. :)
i gotta admit, i was checking all three of them out. :thumbup:

RKT BMR
04-15-2003, 02:56 PM
:eeps: soo tempting.... your S/C is soo quiet... truly a sleeper. :thumbup:

How long have you had it? Have you had to rebuild the blower yet?11k miles -- runs like a... well... BMW :thumbup:

If you do decide to go for it, and install yourself, let me know... I might be willing to come down and help. ;)

RKT BMR
04-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
RKT BMR, sweet car you have. I enjoyed your stories about the install. I really like the sand interior. Thanks Mdk330i!

Enjoyed meeting you :thumbup:

RKT BMR
04-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by munchdown
trying to remember who it was i gave a battery to for your camera. you were in front of me with a 330 conv. i was behind you in the white conv. forgot your handle and just wanted to say nice meeting you and everyone else. also wanting to know the name of the dude in a ob blue 330 conv. that met up at balboa park. another cool dude That was me, Munch. And again, thanks for the coppertop... There I was with a dead camera, and three AAs when I needed four.

Got some good pics of the 4 cabs all together when we parked. I'll PM ya when I've got them uploaded.

doeboy
04-15-2003, 03:15 PM
11k miles -- runs like a... well... BMW :thumbup:

If you do decide to go for it, and install yourself, let me know... I might be willing to come down and help. ;)

Eek.... it's a lot of dough.... (even for the doeboy :p )

so how much power are you making? Did you dyno it?

RKT BMR
04-16-2003, 09:11 AM
Eek.... it's a lot of dough.... (even for the doeboy :p )Si! There has to be a project/fun angle to the motivation to go this route, otherwise the $$ are probably better spent on an M3.so how much power are you making? Did you dyno it? Not yet, but I plan to. The somewhat sloppy stopwatch says about 5.6-5.7 sec on 0-60, measured ten times and averaged. The butt-dyno says :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Todd from my330i.com installed the same blower about six months after I did, and took it down to the dyno. Was getting less than advertised by ESS. Long story short, mixed some 100 octane racing fuel with some standard 91, and got 315hp at the crank (ESS says 335). Not bad. :thumbup:

So, there is doubt in my mind that I'm getting out of it what I could. I suspect the antiknock sensors are causing the ECU to retard timing. An intercooler would be nice, although a real pain to jury-rig in. So, for the time being I'm just gonna be satisfied with the butt-dyno results.

e30sd
04-16-2003, 11:09 AM
doh! too bad Chad! (hey... that rhymed.... :eeps: )

Is "Samantha" her real name as well as her handle? I remember her yelling at someone to pick up some trash they thew on the ground at the Los Olivos area... :dunno:

Reza, Jeff; I hope you're reading this:nono: . Littering is NOT good for the environment:lmao:

sorry doeboy, kind of an inside joke...

jaramill
04-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Just wanted to say "hi" to scottn2retro. Finally got to meet you in person AFTER seeing your car's license plate and figuring it out! :) Same goes for munchdown who had a similar license plate. I had the black ///M3 cap and polo shirt.

As for your shirts Scott, I'll definitely be buying a t-shirt and cap from you (perhaps in Hellrot Red?:)).

It was a great event and I look forward to it next year.

Gio

Mdk330i
04-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Si! There has to be a project/fun angle to the motivation to go this route, otherwise the $$ are probably better spent on an M3.Not yet, but I plan to. The somewhat sloppy stopwatch says about 5.6-5.7 sec on 0-60, measured ten times and averaged. The butt-dyno says :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Todd from my330i.com installed the same blower about six months after I did, and took it down to the dyno. Was getting less than advertised by ESS. Long story short, mixed some 100 octane racing fuel with some standard 91, and got 315hp at the crank (ESS says 335). Not bad. :thumbup:

So, there is doubt in my mind that I'm getting out of it what I could. I suspect the antiknock sensors are causing the ECU to retard timing. An intercooler would be nice, although a real pain to jury-rig in. So, for the time being I'm just gonna be satisfied with the butt-dyno results.

I guess you can't complain if you are doing under 6 seconds.:)

Mdk330i
04-16-2003, 09:13 PM
My butt dyno was happy after I put in my CAI and I know that there was minimal hp gain. At least my car sounds fast. I think I'd have an orgasm if I put in the s/c.

munchdown
04-17-2003, 02:21 AM
RKT BMR, got it. know i know who you are. I have some pictures also will try to do the same. jaramill it was nice meeting you as well. thanx for noticing the plate. wasn't sure if anyone caught that.put two and two together.

RKT BMR
04-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
My butt dyno was happy after I put in my CAI and I know that there was minimal hp gain. At least my car sounds fast. I think I'd have an orgasm if I put in the s/c. Every time you drive :bigpimp:

scottn2retro
04-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by jaramill
Just wanted to say "hi" to scottn2retro. Finally got to meet you in person AFTER seeing your car's license plate and figuring it out! :) Same goes for munchdown who had a similar license plate. I had the black ///M3 cap and polo shirt.

As for your shirts Scott, I'll definitely be buying a t-shirt and cap from you (perhaps in Hellrot Red?:)).

It was a great event and I look forward to it next year.

Gio

It was good to me you and hang out a little after the road rally. As soon as David figures out how he wants to handle/price shipped orders, I'll help him get the info posted. :)

Samantha
04-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Message to DoeBoy: Yeah, that was definately me yelling at someone for littering at one of the stop offs on the road rally... This was after he had already proceeded to urinate on the side of the road clearly in view of myself and my friend, and after he double parked his bimmer in front of me. He refused to pick up his trash and then, as we were leaving the turn out, he showed that either he is completely unable to drive a stick or he is just purely an a@@hole because he rolled backwards down the hill and came about an inch away from hitting my car. :mad: Sorry for yelling, but I don't tollerate litterbugs or people screwing around by my car!
On a better note, the road rally was way cool, thanks for everything Jon! I wish I could have gotten to the 'fest earlier in the day. Can't wait for next year :thumbup:

doeboy
04-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Samantha
Message to DoeBoy: Yeah, that was definately me yelling at someone for littering at one of the stop offs on the road rally... This was after he had already proceeded to urinate on the side of the road clearly in view of myself and my friend, and after he double parked his bimmer in front of me. He refused to pick up his trash and then, as we were leaving the turn out, he showed that either he is completely unable to drive a stick or he is just purely an a@@hole because he rolled backwards down the hill and came about an inch away from hitting my car. :mad: Sorry for yelling, but I don't tollerate litterbugs or people screwing around by my car!
On a better note, the road rally was way cool, thanks for everything Jon! I wish I could have gotten to the 'fest earlier in the day. Can't wait for next year :thumbup:

Yeah, I saw that... he just didn't want to listen to you, even though you tried to be civil about it... geesh... :rolleyes:

Hopefully that won't happen again next year :)

jk330i
04-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I saw that... he just didn't want to listen to you, even though you tried to be civil about it... geesh... :rolleyes:

Hopefully that won't happen again next year :)

eeeeeps!! :yikes: :eek:

sorry about that, I was still hung over from the night before - next time I'll be on my best behavior! :angel:

Beemin 323
04-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Samantha-

i didnt see you or your friend until the rally, it would have been nice to meet you in person, instead of driving past eachother. i see you are a local as well. i dont see too many bimmer girls, yet alone m3 w/ Schnitzer rims girls around. let me put this on table while we're are here: Do you have a BF.....? i imagine so, do you go downtown that often? Hey i have to throw that bone out because it seems like a lot of the guys that were around that day were a little shy or lets say not really interested in beautiful girls in an M3. Does " How you Doin" sound famialr? Well i hope to see you around town.

Chad
CMS 98

Jon Shafer
04-12-2004, 07:43 PM
This is my maiden voyage on this site so bear with me. I just want the 5 series contingency to know that I really enjoyed their hospitality at the Vista Point. When I showed up in the black/white I (like them) didn't know what to expect but once we got to talking about BMW's we had a great time. Regarding the scanner traffic and the CHP "looking" for you guys, not true. It was more for our info. We have had problems in the past (100+ speeds) but none that I know of this time around. At the end of the run by the 3 series guys, I again got to meet some nice folks who happened to pull into the Vista Point. The EVOsport guys were great, Dan (unknown last name) with the Supercharged M5 revving to about 10 grand! was entertaining, as were all the people who welcomed me. Thanks for making my work day enjoyable and I look forward to being a participant with one of my 4 BMW's next year!Should I remind you that Bimmerfest is only a few weeks away??
:D

Edit: I saw Ceanna today, and she volunteered to sell raffle tickets
again...

Roadsterwench
04-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Should I remind you that Bimmerfest is only a few weeks away??
:D

Edit: I saw Ceanna today, and she volunteered to sell raffle tickets
again...

I'm in Austin and will be until the end of May :mad:

Jon Shafer
04-12-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm in Austin and will be until the end of May
Sorry to hear that.... :-/

Say, how's that cute l'il doggie??
:)

jbob
04-14-2004, 02:37 AM
ha, i think i know that chpahoy guy....his name is ken, very cool dude, owns at least a pretty modified 81 316 (which he is hopefully driving to the 'fest), and a 88 m3. but AFAIK, he's all highway (supertroopers, lol).

Jon Shafer
02-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Bump