BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E39 M5 - Anyone installed Exhaust Tips?

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ryan... 
#1 ·
I was told in the past there were some pretty simple to install exhaust tips that improved the look of the exhaust... after contacting a dealer and bavauto, I'm hearing that you have to purchase the entire rear exhaust system... i.e. no easy add tips are available for this year/make.

But when I search online, I see lots of options... Gibson, etc.

Has anyone installed exhaust tips? What brand/finish did you use? Are you happy with the result (maybe post a pic)?

THANKS MUCH! ~Jeremy

#3 ·
Huge weight savings and a slight performance gain with replacing the cans. Probably more performance from less weight than actual Hp, but aftermarket exhausts make the car sound alot better. I went with Dinan, but I know a bunch of guys who went with magnaflows, supersprint, etc.....

#4 ·
this is going on my car when it gets warmer out:

they cost $50 from the website (type in Hooker exhaust tips into Ebay), and you can get them in resonated form (like me and the guy in the vid), and you get a great sound and a mild performance gain. the other guy is right about weight savings! Those things weigh a ton!! I had to remove my exhaust to replace my differential, what a PITA...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.