PDA

View Full Version : Reminder- you can ignore posts

kjboyd
01-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Just a reminder folks, you can chose to ignore posts from certain people. Perhaps it would be more productive if you don't want to read a particular person's posts to IGNORE that user name rather than us all becoming mean spirited name calling adults-- which doesn't really help anyone.

If you don't want to read about Ev's problems anymore, just block his posts.

No offense meant Ev. We've all become polarized over this transmission issue. And while I'm glad many of you aren't having ANY problems, for those of us that are, they are real.

So let's all play nice again ok?

It's just not worth coming unglued about and personally attacking each other. Let's be civilized and move on.

STE92VE
01-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Nice post :thumbup:

murmur11
01-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Thank you for the tip. :)

doubledeclutch
01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks. I did not know there was an option to ignore a specific user's posts.:thumbup:

jdeday
02-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Well said.

How do you ignore posts?

kjboyd
02-01-2008, 09:16 PM
here is a screen shot

Evlengr
02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Works great--thanks!

MJS
02-02-2008, 06:05 AM
Works great--thanks!

I don't think you can ignore your own posts with this feature....

:rofl:

JK!

vern
02-02-2008, 07:26 AM
I don't think you can ignore your own posts with this feature....

:rofl:

JK!
+1
cheers
vern

Evlengr
02-02-2008, 08:46 AM
A lot of the same people that complain about my posts are also ones that have PM'd me asking me advice on Lemon Laws, SIBs relating to the transmission, radios, etc.

Nothing like dealing with a buncha' hypocrites.

For the others like A/D, Azn, and Hunter Z4 that consistently offered constructive criticism, I tip my hat in respect.

I stand behind my comments that BMWNA has done a very poor job handling this situation, the car was a death trap, and that if they were more forth coming and less guarded with their information they would have avoided a lot of problems.

My comments are/were designed to keep this problem in the fore front until BMWNA addressed/addresses it.

Company's bet on your apathetic attitude and in fighting to distract from the main problem to help keep costs down.

Do you think they monitor these sights for altruistic reasons?

For those of you driving 2008's you can be sure that BMW would have swept this under the carpet if enough people hadn't shouted about it.

So if you want to stick your fingers in your ears go right ahead.

MJS
02-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Nope, never PM'd you. Never asked for your advice on anything. Why would I want a personal dose of your superioristic, all-knowing attitude? Which is my only beef with you....

MMME30W
02-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Nope, never PM'd you. Never asked for your advice on anything. Why would I want a personal dose of your superioristic, all-knowing attitude? Which is my only beef with you....

Don't like a post? Move on. Don't like a thread? Don't click on it.

Remember the ethos of the site: "Bringing the BMW Community together"

Start your own thread. Contribute something useful to another forum. Make a well-thought out and organized post to Poly-Sci (it will stand out, you can be assured. :rofl:)

Mmmmk? :thumbup: :grouphug:

cbj
02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Well the community could work a little bit better if people has a sense of humor and didn't take everything so personal.

kjboyd
02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
come on people, let's get back to the meaning of this post.

thebmw
02-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Ignoring users is fine if they are offensive. I don't think Ev bring the tranny issue up is offensive. I don't know him (or her), but as far as I can tell, he is bringing up real issues. That, I think, is more important that going on and on about how great someone's BMW is. That I find more offensive because there is an air of arrogance in those posts. Almost all of us here own BMWs! Get over it!!! Let's "Bringing the BMW Community together" and solve problems, like Ev's tranny issues!

viii_ball
02-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Forums are for people to post. I don't read posts about color choices or stereos as those have no interest for me. For those that don't give a rats @$$ about the tranny issues why are you reading them? And why do you bother to waste your time responding to something you don't care about. Evlengr has never personally attacked anyone on this board. He has responded back when folks have made what I will consider inappropriate or time wasting responses.

Some people just have too much time on their hands.