PDA

View Full Version : My JB2 Review

trusaleen1
01-31-2008, 01:38 PM
First off I love my 335i Coupe. I ordered my JB2 a week after redelivery of my ED. The coupes stock performance was actually more than I expected. However my old car was a 2004 Cobra with 445 rwhp and 455 torque. I noticed the BMW seemed to have a flat spot about 4000rpm.

After researching companies while my car was on the boat, I chose the Juice Box. The main reasons where bang for the buck, customer reviews and excellent customer service. First off, I have to stress the GREAT customer service from Terry. I ordered the JB2 on Fri. and received it the following Tues. I decided to install it myself. Everything went smoothly, except taking the vacuum lines off. During the install I had had several questions and Terry would respond almost instantly, even after 8pm. THANKS TERRY.

Now for the JB2 review. For a week after I installed it, there was constant rain, I wasnt able to have good test. Then finally there was a break in the rain, I decided to get on it. At first I didnít notice much difference, however after about a day or two of driving, what a difference. The car is so smooth you donít notice how fast youíre actually going. The car now continues to pull all the way through the rpms. Itís the best $379 I have ever spent on a performance upgrade.

I highly recommend the product and the company. My only regret is I live in California with crappy 91 octane so I canít do the H pill or the R upgrade.

status38
01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Very nice! You mentioned you got the JB2 while your car was on the boat. Did you wait till after the break in to insall? Just curious.

Also, not to high jack the thread but, how do you like the 335i in comparison to the Cobra? Those Cobra's were beasts for how little (relatively) they cost.

trusaleen1
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
no I ordered the JB2 the day after my car was redelivered. I had put 1000 miles in Europe so it was already broken in.

As compared to my cobra, its a day and night difference. The only thing I like better about the cobra is the sound of the cobra and the supercharger sounded like a wild animal it was great. However the 335i coupe is so smooth. Its much more quiet and stable, solid, etc. Especially in the rain. I was scared to driver my cobra, it was all over the place. With the BMW its still stable and smooth. If anything the BMW is too smooth. You dont feel like your going as fast as you really are.

SJAPoc
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Strange you didn't notice a difference immediately. JB2 hp and torque increase is substantial and surely you would have felt it immediately. Perhaps Terry would like to comment? :dunno:

reb03
02-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree. The JB2 is an incredible value and Terry's customer service is beyond reproach. I noticed the difference immediately but it did get considerably stronger with adaptation. I had SSTT before and much prefer the JB2. Here are my JB2 dynos on CA crap 91 octane:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/RMRC1234/JB2pulls.jpg

And now for the best JB2 pull vs. the best SSTT pull. The JB2 has a ~20hp advantage between 5,000-6,000 rpm and better AFRs to boot.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/RMRC1234/JB2vsSSTTDyno.jpg

trusaleen1
02-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey Reb03, i live in Cali too, I hate the 91 octane. Where did you get your car dynoed and how much was it

reb03
02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey Reb03, i live in Cali too, I hate the 91 octane. Where did you get your car dynoed and how much was it
I'm in southern CA and had my dynos done at MD Automotive which is the same place Edmunds used for their 335 dynos.