PDA

View Full Version : 2004 X3 2.5i PROBLEMS

DOMCHO101
02-02-2008, 12:37 AM
We have a 2004 X3 2.5i that we bought from a BMW dealership in November of 2007.

Some problems:
When we were looking at it in the lot they opened the door to it and the alarm went off. When we were going through the "accessories" process, they said we could get an alarm. I didn't realize this until later, but now I think about it. I want to know if are allowed to disarm it and try to re-sell the alarm even if it is installed just armed. Second, is there anything I could do to make it work again?

Another problem is the armrest. Most X3's have an armrest with one cup holder in the center console and the other one in the dash in front of the passenger. Instead we have two cup holders in the center console, and no armrest. Does anybody else have this? Can I buy an aftermarket armrest?

Thanks, I might think of something else later.

MPBX3
02-02-2008, 07:53 AM
We have a 2004 X3 2.5i that we bought from a BMW dealership in November of 2007.

Some problems:
When we were looking at it in the lot they opened the door to it and the alarm went off. When we were going through the "accessories" process, they said we could get an alarm. I didn't realize this until later, but now I think about it. I want to know if are allowed to disarm it and try to re-sell the alarm even if it is installed just armed. Second, is there anything I could do to make it work again?

Another problem is the armrest. Most X3's have an armrest with one cup holder in the center console and the other one in the dash in front of the passenger. Instead we have two cup holders in the center console, and no armrest. Does anybody else have this? Can I buy an aftermarket armrest?

Thanks, I might think of something else later.

This is different. How about a pic of the 2 cup holders and no armrest?

AzNMpower32
02-02-2008, 09:12 AM
In 2004, the centre armrest was optional and included in the Premium package. Your vehicle does NOT have the premium package, hence no armrest. This is perfectly normal. If you truly want it, I'm sure you could retrofit it, but it's likely an expensive process that you likely can't do yourself. You probably also don't have automatic headlights, automatic climate control, or the rain sensor do you? (Hopefully you have a multifunction steering wheel w/cruise..........:eeps:)

If an alarm went off, that means the vehicle is equipped with the alarm system (previous owner must have purchased it). I don't see why the dealer would disable it...........are you sure it's disabled? Hold down the trunk button on the key fob for 3 seconds and see if the panic mode activates.