PDA

View Full Version : 2005 BMW package

Linh
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
So I just purchased a 2005 x3 and can't seem to find what package it has. Anyone here know where I can find it?

Standard Equipment: Air Conditioning, Power sun/moon roof, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Dual front & head airbags with passenger sensor/active belts, 4 Wheel Drive, 6 speed manual Transmission, AM/FM CD, 182 Cubic Inch Displacement, Gross Vehicle Weight:6,000 and less, Daytime Running Lights, Tilt Wheel, Power Windows, 4 wheel standard Anti-lock Brakes, 6 Cylinders

Thanks

Andrew*Debbie
02-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Take the VIN to a dealer and have them print out the options list.

kjboyd
02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
does it have power seats and auto air? bmw assist? leather? lumbar support? these are all things we can use to help determine packages.

AzNMpower32
02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Everything you listed in your quote is standard. Give us pictures and/or more details. For starters, is it a 2.5i or a 3.0i? Does it have power seats? How many buttons are in the button row directly in front of the shifter?

Mystic1
02-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Here is a BMW VIN decoder. Not too sure what info it will give you, but worth a try.

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

From your sig, it does not appear to have the sport pkg as those are not sport pkg rims for 2005.

UncleJ
02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Lin, if that doesn't work take it to a dealer as suggested above. Are you still under the factory warranty? If so you need to take it in to determine what service is due, assuming of course that you didn't buy it from one. You might have some freebies coming before the milage/date runs out. Good luck!

Linh
02-04-2008, 11:09 PM
does it have power seats and auto air? bmw assist? leather? lumbar support? these are all things we can use to help determine packages.

power seats - yes
auto air - yes
bmw assist - yes
leather - yes
lumbar support - yes

So I'm guessing it's the premiun package since it's not sport, and I don't think it's cold weather since I haven't found the seat heater. It has 42k and I have an appointment for an oil change coming up so I'm thinking about the warranty extension.

AzNMpower32
02-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Based on your sig picture, you do not have sport or cold weather (you would have washer nozzles under the headlamps). You do not have xenons. You do have metallic paint (Mystic Blue). And I guess if you have lumbar than you have premium, which also includes leather. If it has premium sound, you will have two sets of speakers in the rear doors (the standard ones in front of the inside grab handle and a tweeter right behind it) along with DSP in the music settings.